low impact water aerobic help

Options
Ok, so I have started a low impact water aerobics/ 1 hr/ 3 times a week-one night with weights/ the other 2 with noodles and water weights (the woman has been teaching it for 20 years).......how do I figure out the calories? We don't stop moving but it is def an older crowd...(they still kick my butt) Is it a good place to start? I like the water and enjoy the classes but hope they aren't close to useless.

Replies

• saraichka
    saraichka Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The way I figure it, if you're moving and you enjoy it, keep doing it! There is a water aerobics option under exercise. I don't trust that I'm actually burning that many calories, so on days I feel sluggish I'll put in that I'm doing only 30 min or 45 min instead of the full hour that I'm actually there working. Keep in mind that your heart rate is naturally lower in the water, and it feels like you are doing less because it is easier on the joints. So, although your heart isn't beating as fast you're still burning calories (and maybe even enjoying your workout more!). :smile: I figure, do whatever keeps you happy and keeps you moving!