discouraged and taking a break

aerobicgirl
aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
so i dont feel any different just tired of trying to lose// so im still gonna watch what i eat but take a two week break and take the pressure off/

Replies

• JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Listen to your body and do what you feel is right for YOU! I know it's hard and it gets very discouraging sometimes but I think you can do it!! I believe in each and everyone one of you! We are here for support and advise or just to listen to you vent when things get tough. Don't give up!! When you are ready, come back and rejoin the fight!!
  • Two weeks will damage the good habits you've been creating. Try one or two days and then go back and see how it feels.
    Even WeightWatchers recommend one day a week for a real treat.
  • dventouras
    dventouras Posts: 8 Member
    Sometimes I think the stress of not losing what you would like can get in the way (plus stress makes you want what you shouldn't have). Just remember that you are making yourself healthier for yourself and your family.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    How long have you been eating healthier? just take that into consideration...but I am all for you taking a break. I took a looong break (6m), but I came back even more determined. & I am confident you will do the same. Good luck!
  • Take a small break but don't stop exercising. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    tell you what when I get discouraged (like now I have been stuck for almost a month try as I might) I take a few days and just stick to mantainace calories I still log everything and keep track ( I think of it this way when you hit your goal you have to go to mantainance so its really good practice. :bigsmile:
  • Hang in there and don't give up. I know when we are working sooo hard and not seeing amazing results we can tend to get discouraged, but with pushing through the lows helps. Since my friend introduced me to fitness pal I have become much more aware of what I am eating and always remembering that I will go over my goal. I don't weigh in that much, but I don't focus so much on see the weigh as I do cloths fitting better. Hope this helps you to stay connected and on track, we are all in this together and it is a daily fight, we will have good days and bad days, but the good always out weigh the bad.
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Keep up with the eating and exercising, just take a break from the scale. Take the pressure off of yourself! Dont let the scale ruin your new healthy habits.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    ok so i am calm right now and well i was very upset bc i put my just washed jeans on yesterday and was upset on how they fit then i weighed myself (at the end of the day) and was at 159 WT??? so i was super mad/ well this morning i decided to weigh myself and i was at 153 alittle upset bc i have been eating right and working out/ so within two weeks i gained 3lbs. so not sure but not gonna give up yet. im gonna follow thru with the 30ds and see. im not saying i wanna see dramatic results but something would be nice. i just didn't like what i saw yesterday and it was frusturating/ but planning on doing L1D8 of the 30ds tonight/ so crossing my fingers. thanks for all the support. its not easy when you are trying to lose the right way and not using any type of supplements/
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    You don't have a lot of weight to lose, so it's going to be about finding the right balance of calories and exercise for you. I'd recommend setting your weight loss goal to .5 pounds / week, and making sure you eat all of the calories MFP recommends for you along with your exercise calories. Sometimes, the simplest thing you can do to rev up your weight loss is eat more. Make every calorie count, no junk food, keep your sodium down and drink lots of water.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    From your ticker I can assume that you only had 12 pounds to lose to begin with. It takes time (lots and lots) to lose a small amount of weight. It took me almost 6 months to lose five pounds. I'm back down to my pre-pregnancy weight but I still have a pretty pudgy tummy-that's going to take me about a year or two to fully get rid of and even then I may need surgery to get rid of the excess skin.
    :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Yeah,,, listen to these wise wise women Brenda & Maid Marian. You're watching us big folks dropping tonnage like crazy and thinking you can do it too. Well,,, no honey, you can't. You don't have the tonnage to lose.

I've been working on this for well over a year. I lost 55 pounds in 6 months (which probably got me to about where you are today) and I've worked the last 8 months to lose 9 more pounds. Your body really tries to hang on to that last 15 pounds of excess bodyfat.

You're doing fine,,, relax, it's all good.
This discussion has been closed.