50 lbs lost....but then a pregnancy? SUCCESS!

Options
amysol
amysol Posts: 83 Member
I'm excited to share an update on my story today! After over 10 years of trying EVERYTHING to lose weight I finally started the 90 Day health challenge and to my delight I lost 30 lbs in the first 30 days after losing 20 lbs on my own. But as we talk about on here a lot, the weight loss is just the beginning. Can I keep it off? We all know how much trouble we have with the yo yo yo yo dieting.

So I was sharing a little bit ago that I went into the maintenance mode, still eating healthy on the challenge but also not depriving myself terribly either, and after 60 days I hadn't gained a pound! Woot Woot!

BUT>>>>> then I got pregnant! SURPRISE!!! I was very scared because pregnancy is where I can easily pack on 30-50 lbs! But, I stayed doing the maintenance phase (the balance phase) of the challenge throughout the pregnancy. (My ob approved it because it's just great nutrition for me and the baby)

So...here is my report so far. The baby is due in about 3-4 weeks....an I've gained only 6 Pounds! I am so thrilled, moved to tears even because I thought the worst, that i would gain that 30 lbs back and then some and have to start from scratch. I am very happy to have only gained what I have, my dr says the baby and I are very healthy!

So, once the baby is born I get jump back onto the weight loss, I would like to lose another 50 lbs. I'm so excited and I just wanted to share with everyone!

Hope everyone is having a health and productive week!

Keep your comments coming below. I am really enjoying getting to know everyone on this site. :-)

Replies

• Caryn03
    Caryn03 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow Congrats to you. This is wonderful to hear. What is this 90 Day health challenge? I have never heard of it and would be interested in doing that. My DH and I are TTC and I would be thrilled to know that I could be healthy and have a healthy baby and gain 6 pounds.

Anyways congrats again on your successful weight loss and congrats soon on your newest addition!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    WOW....that is amazing!!! I didn't know it was possible to gain such little weight during a pregnancy! You are my inspiration because I actually want to lose 50-60lbs before getting pregnant for the first time (my husband and I plan to start trying about March next year)...so that will be soooo awesome to firstly lose all the weight, celebrate such a beautiful thing as our first baby...and as a bonus...gain only a few lbs! Wow....congrats again...on the weight loss...and on your healthy baby!!!
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and maintenance, and double congrats on the soon-to-be newborn! Very inspirational!
  • cindyperry7
    Options
    Amy! That's so exciting for you! I too am trying to lose weight before my husband and I start our family. I am a bit terrified of having to start over again after having a child but that isn't going to stop us from having children. Great to hear of your success! Would love to follow your story :)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! You will start off ahead of yourself; you are pretty much guaranteed to lose more during and right after the birth than you will have gained by the time it's all over. :) Congratulations on such a healthy pregnancy.
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    Congrats! Sounds awesome!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss and the sweet baby!!!
  • jessababy22
    Options
    I'm naive and really thought you would naturally gain 20 or 30 pounds during pregnancy! great job on your behalf!
  • numee2012
    Options
    that is fantastic my neice did similar she gave birth mid august and actually lost a stone and had a healthy baby too. She had gestational diabetes so just watched what she ate. Best of luck with the new baby and your contiued journey x
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I know how excited you are. With my last I only gained 4 pounds. I myself am pregnant and instead of gaining weight, I have actually lost weight (I am only 12 weeks pregnant). I intend to maintain this pregnancy as well. It's not an easy thing to do while pregnant. Those cravings can be intense. Again, congrats. What you did is no easy task.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!