How long did it take?

Options
Hi all,

How long did it take you to lose a good amount of weight? Any tips to lose faster?

Thanks

Replies

• maisiemoo2
    maisiemoo2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i took a year to lose 70lb and found it fell off quite easily as long as you stay motivated, and my body changed all the time with clothes getting bigger all the time
    but slow and steady i think stays off better quick loss usually means a quick gain too
    good luck
  • seriouslypinkchick
    seriouslypinkchick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started in May 2012 and lost 72lb so far hoping for another 26lb by xmas not sure i will prob make that target but give it a good go looking to lose a further 40lb by May 2013 ready for my hols - i usually given up by now when i tried in past but I am still as focused now as when i started and really happy that i done as well as i have so far n how my body is starting to change is great - anyway looking for new buddies so anyone feel free to add me the more the merrier :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i didn't have tons to lose but it did take me a year to lose 20 lbs ... never thought it woudl take so long!
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Hi all,

How long did it take you to lose a good amount of weight? Any tips to lose faster?

Thanks
    13 months to lose 83 lbs My best tip I can give is to try to lose your weight slow, 1lb or so per week.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It took me about a year to lose 100 pounds.
  • jules606
    Options
    Hi there new to the site. How did you lost that amount of weight in such little do tell your secret! :) Feel free to add me
  • chaos50
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing! I have a goal of losing 10lbs. a month. I have lost a total of 32lbs over the past couple of years, but I need to lose another 50 by June. Any suggestions?
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My biggest "tip" is to concentrate on changing your lifestyle to a healthy balance that you can keep up without depriving yourself and by finding the right combination of exercise and strength training that is fun and sustainable. Change the things you need to, to eat more healthy, stop drinking, eat lots more veggies, cut way back on the sugar or whatever your nutritional goals are.

If you don't make the changes in lifestyle, that you can sustain, the pounds will just come back once you "stop."

Ten years ago, I lost 40lbs over about 9 months, but only kept it off for a year -- then after a stressful job change I didn't have the time to exercise and the healthy eating went out the window. I started drinking liquor and wine again, and poof-- gained 70 lbs over nine years.

This year, I started with a goal to lose 40 lbs and reach a sustainable, healthy weight. I knew I had to make in maintainable and sustainable this time, in order to have the best chance to keep it off for good. I set MFP to a goal of 1 to 1.5 lbs per week, and that pretty much worked, along with the major cutback on drinking, more healthy eating and consistent exercise (lots of walking, to combat sitting at a desk all day.) and strength training 3 days a week. I lost 55 lbs. in 8 months, and have been maintaining since July -- MFP everyday and sticking to the lifestyle changes that are now the habits. Having lost the battle once already, I am hoping to be cogniscent of the importance of sticking to the healthy plan and keeping the commitment to my goals.

Good luck and motivation on your journey - it's not quick, but if done the right way, it CAN last.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Lost 98 since January of this year. 10 months.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It is taking me longer than I expected to lose the weight. I started in mid-May and wanted to lose 37lbs and thought I'd be there by now. But I'm 2/3 of the way there. I wish it would come off faster. But this weight has been on me about 6 or 7 years and I didn't put it on overnight (when I put on weight, I tend to put on about a pound a month).
    I'm not losing focus though. As I know I'm getting stronger and healthier and this is how I want to be for the rest of my life. I'll get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!