yo-yo dieter

Options
i do really well for a couple of days, and then i feel like i need a reward!

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community.

Let me ask you this:

Do you think you might be too rigid in your approach? So rigid that sticking to it for any appreciable length of time is nearly impossible if you're going to a) be happy and b) have a life.

Thoughts?
  • runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    I hear ya! I work so hard during the week, and then the weekend comes and I go crazy and blow all of my hardwork. I need to learn how to ease up in moderation because I don't want to diet as strictly on the weekends as I do during the week, that would make it nearly impossible to ever go out with my family or friends, but I do need to learn that weekends don't equal a free pass to eat whatever I want all whenever I want. I think its important to not go crazy and restrict yourself too much because you will end up craving your favorite foods until it drives you crazy. Moderation is key.
    Also, I've been trying to focus on rewarding myself with things other than food. And whenever I want to go out and buy food, if I don't give in to the craving, I put that money that I would have spent on food into a little bank. Not sure what I'm going to spend it on yet. Maybe a new outfit for my new body ;)
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    i do really well for a couple of days, and then i feel like i need a reward!

And its ok to have a little reward. the key is to not let little rewards become binges. You can do this!
  • Metamorphoser
    Options
    What if you tried a different kind of reward?

Instead of eating to reward yourself, treat yourself to something else. Clothes, shoes, facial, manicure, the movies....

Or every time you have one of these food reward cravings and don't eat, reward yourself with money in a jar. Then after the jar is full, treat yourself to a big non-food reward with all the money you've made on investing in your health and weight loss. I have a girlfriend who took herself on a weekend spa vacation, and she had a hot new body to go with it.