Why do people weigh themselves naked?

Options

Replies

• reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    being a former wrestler i've always weighed in with as little as possible...after sweating a *kitten* ton, and trying to get as much out of a workout as i possibly can. so i'm used to doing it that way, but when it comes to wearing your clothes when you weigh in, i guess it could really throw off your numbers if one day you step on in sweats, and the next day you're only wearing shorts. this way i make sure it's the same body and am controlling the external factors
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm all about consistency and by weighing naked, I'm always wearing the same thing when I weigh myself so there is no variance in that.
  • jayaprathappsg
    jayaprathappsg Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself naked before a workout. If I had my work out gear with the shoes on, it adds 2-2.5 lbs. Thats a big chunk
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Naked is all year around. Clothes are seasonal :)
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    All I have is a t-shirt and undeware on. I never tried it that way. I might.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I just like being naked, I might be naked now

hahaha.

agree!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    This question isn't weight loss related, I'm just curious.

I've seen a lot of people mention this on here. Typically "in the morning, after I use the bathroom, naked." Morning and bathroom is understandable, but why the clothes?

I'm going to assume when you first wake up in the morning, you're not wearing snow boats and carhartts. Most people are probably already wearing something light weight - pjs, sweats, whatever.

How big of a difference can those clothes make? ( I'm not being sarcastic, this is a serious question. )

My way of thinking::: if you put the clothes on the scale...how much do they weigh?
    Does it even register a number on the scale by itself?
    Do your clothes weigh more when they're on you? (Okay, that one was sarcasm. Obviously they don't.)

I'm interested in knowing if this really makes a difference for anyone.

I bathe at night, so my morning routine is to wake up, pee, brush my teeth, wash my face, dress (no shoes) brush hair & put up in pony tail and on fridays.. weigh.

WHY do i weigh with clothes on?

Well, Im not naked in the doctors office am i? NO, so thats why i do it with clothing ON. Chances are, ANYWHERE you weigh, you arent going to be naked, except your bathroom.

I have a goal of being healthy, not a number on a scale, so those ounces dont matter to me anyway..
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    I just like being naked ... why, is there another option?
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself naked before a workout. If I had my work out gear with the shoes on, it adds 2-2.5 lbs. Thats a big chunk

Really? 2 or 2.5 pounds is a lot??

Geeze, Im glad i dont stress over the small stuff!

Now, if i gained 10 pounds, i would worry, but two?

*smh* I dunno, just seems like there are so many more things in life to worry about..
  • todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Makes me feel better. And the more time I'm naked the better.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I can see the whole "because one outfit may weigh more or less than another" thing, but I only sleep in a men's wifebeater (er, whatever the "technical, non-offensive" name is for it) and panties. I figure even among different tops and panties the weight of them won't really vary much, so I weigh in that rather than strip down.

And I do generally pee (and poo, if I need to) before weighing, but that's bc my bladder is usually about to explode.

This thread makes me want to do a before weight and an after weight for pee, poo, and pee and poop, LOL
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nakeeeeed and then I dance to some Nickelback songs to wake myself up.........actually annoys me when my boyfriend stays over because I can't do that in the freedom of my room and must confine myself to the shower :(
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Because my scale is a perv and will give me a better number if I strip for him.

Best answer! lol
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    I do most things naked....I'm naked now.... thanks to mfp....I like being naked.
  • zimfour
    zimfour Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just like being naked ... why, is there another option?

AGREE!!!! With all my weight loss I like to see my new NUDE body!!!! Doesn't everyone??? :drinker: :drinker: :smile: :smile:
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself but I once weighed myself before and after I put on my jeans and shirt on and there was a 3 pound difference but that's not why I do it. I do it because when I weigh in it's usually after getting out of bed.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Because I don't wear Pj's. Naked is so much better. :bigsmile:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    why not, as long as your weigh-in outfit (= birthday suit) is consistent? :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I weigh naked to get the most accurate weight. I also weigh naked because I go to the bathroom, weigh, then take a shower.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Because they can. But seriously I weigh myself at home in my gym shorts - I'm 257 lb, I weigh myself at work (a hospital) a few hours later 270 -271 lbs. Thats why I weigh myself nearly naked.