Having a hard time getting motivated this week.....

Options
For some reason I just can't get motivated to workout this week. I had been doing great! For the last 4 months I have worked out an average of 5 to 6 days a week.... cardio and weights. I have been kicking *kitten*. I am down 70lbs and feel amazing.. until this week. I am overly tired and just have no desire to workout much.... Need so motivation please, feeling like a LOSER lol...

Replies

• kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just got off a 2 week jag of not exercising. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to do that first workout and the rest will follow. I told someone that I was going to workout the next day so I would be accountable and then did it. So go ahead, post publicly that you will workout this weekend. If you want I can check back and see if you've done it. Or maybe you just need a little break, just don't let it go on too long.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I slacked off last week...I hit the gym again this week...I felt really weak and lethargic. I wished I hadn't missed last week. I had been working out really, really hard previously, and i was sore all over, and needed a break, but I still wished I hadn't.
  • LindsayWantsToBeHealthy
    Options
    Look in the mirror and see how great you look now that you are 33 pounds down! That's amazing! Weight loss isn't easy though, otherwise we'd all be at a healthy weight. (: Tell yourself that every day you are not trying to be healthy and exercise, you are basically deleting one of the days that you did exercise, that day of work was wasted! Also, for me at least, putting on workout clothes and shoes is half the battle. You can do this! I know you can!
  • camajade
    camajade Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ... I am down 70lbs and feel amazing.. until this week. I am overly tired and just have no desire to workout much.... Need so motivation please, feeling like a LOSER lol...

o.k. you might not like what i have to say, but I agree with you, you are a LOSER... and you should be proud to be a loser, you lost 70 pounds... I can't wait to be a big loser like you...:tongue: o.k. I hope I made you smile just a little... you have lost 70 pounds, you are an inspiration to me... when I don't feel like working out or if I feel down in the dump, that I feel am not losing weight fast enough, I look at people like you who have accomplished so much, who have reached goals that seem so fare out of reach to me, but when I see the results I believe I can reach my goal.

So if you don't feel motivated to work out, be motivated to helping others and help us believe it is possible to succeed in this journey we share... so take a day off, or even two, but get out there and be a LOSER, I'll be one with you! Let's keep losing the weight.
  • LindsayWantsToBeHealthy
    Options
    Whoops I meant 70, I was looking at another comment. :P
  • barb_136
    barb_136 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi FaithFirst, I like your profile picture. I went on the site and I really like it. Oh, and as far as getting motivated, a friend told me to just put on my sneakers, tie them up and put one foot in front of the other and keep it moving. This has been my mantra for the past 2 weeks and its working for me. So perhaps having a mantra you can focus on my help you at least get started again. As this mantra is helping me get started AGAIN!!!
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break, you have done amazingly well!
    Acknowledge yourself and be a bit kinder to you, maybe you just need to re-energise and re-commit:)
    Congratulations on your amazing weight loss so far:)
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    When I dont feel like dieting, I eat up to 1800 calories (the number to maintain my current weight). This way I am not undoing my hard work but also get a break.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I believe in mental plateaus. I had one the past couple weeks. I was going to give up. Instead, I took the weekend off, still logged calories and everything, but had no guilt (or tried). It really helped me. This week, I'm back full force. Trust me, it helps to just not give a *kitten* for a few days just to get your motivation back. It sucks at the same time, but maybe you just need it.

Also, gained a few lbs of water weight, but that goes away in a few days.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    For some reason I just can't get motivated to workout this week. I had been doing great! For the last 4 months I have worked out an average of 5 to 6 days a week.... cardio and weights. I have been kicking *kitten*. I am down 70lbs and feel amazing.. until this week. I am overly tired and just have no desire to workout much.... Need so motivation please, feeling like a LOSER lol...

You should definitely be proud! However, I am a believer in taking a forced week off (give or take) every once in a while. I tend to be a little more down on myself during that time but it's worth it 100% once I get back into the gym, well-rested and ready to kick *kitten*.

Embrace the lack of motivation and take this time to still eat healthy, but give your body a break otherwise :D (and try to take a forced break again in about 6-8 weeks (this is only my opinion)).

Great work!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It happens, hang in there and start fresh as soon as you feel able to!
  • suzie308
    Options
    Faithfirst, I agree with camajade, I can't wait to be a big loser like you. Chin up and keep plugging.
  • faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!! Thank you so much for giving me the kick in the pants I needed.... I am sending you all a great big HUG!!!!