Fit bit

Options
Considering buying a fitbit pedometer but there are three different models. Anyone out there have one? Need recomendation

Replies

• slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try the fitbit users group on here - they have lots to say about, well, everything!
    I have an ultra, and love it. Saves loads of time entering everything manually on MFP
    Hope you find something that works for you
  • cslancaster
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Ultra in pink and I dont know what I would do without it now :D. I got it for Christmas last year, and it is showing some wear and tear on the sides due to clipping it on my pants or bra. They just came out with the Zip, which looks like it would hold up a little better because of the material it is made out of. I love syncing it up with MFP to see extra exercise calories added to my daily total. I also find it to be pretty darn acurate. When I first got it I would track my sleep, but I dont bother with that now.
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help you out, but I use the Striiv app on my iphone. It's a great pedometer. Really keeps me motivated to walk as much as possible.
  • pinktina27
    Options
    So is it just a pedometer or also a heart rate monitor? I'm assuming it must be a heart rate monitor if you could track your sleeping. Does it work for things like the treadmill or elliptical?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    So is it just a pedometer or also a heart rate monitor? I'm assuming it must be a heart rate monitor if you could track your sleeping. Does it work for things like the treadmill or elliptical?

Fitbit is a fancy pedometer. It measures sleep with arm movement (you clip it to a wristband).

I recommend getting either the Zip or One. They are the newest and can update/sync through wireless with bluetooth smart technology. I love my Ultra. It really helps me figure out what I burn in a day.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Does the Fit Bit work well for HIIT workouts? It looked like it was more for walking/running.
  • NinaGrace77
    Options
    I love my ultra! Use it everyday, been a huge motivator!
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have used the ultra since June but upgraded today to the One. The fitbit one and the zip can sync to your phone which is nice.

It is a great motivating tool and I really love mine!
  • Sarahkov12
    Sarahkov12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I'm going to buy the zip model. Now to decide lime green or hot pink?! Decisions, decisions.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just pre ordered the One. Can't wait to get it!!
  • Sarahkov12
    Sarahkov12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Not sure about heart rate. It's basically a pedometer. What's cool about it is it can sync with your phone or laptop wirelessly and of course there is a way to connect it with mfp! I've used pedometers before but always end up breaking them... Hopefully this one is sturdier! It should work fine on treadmill.
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just pre ordered the One. Can't wait to get it!!

Check your local Best Buy store.... Most of them already have the One in stock! Got mine on Wednesday. :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Please check about the syncing of the one and zip to phone. I think it's only iPhone 4S/5 and new ipad.