INNER THIGHS!!!

Options
Help!! Ever since puberty I have been "thick." The only area.. well now its everywhere.. that truly bothered me was my inner thighs. This area is STILL the one most embarrassing area on my body. my calves are nice, my arms tummy and back need work, but I can't stand my thighs.

What can I do? Does anyone know how to 1. reduce the fat in this area & 2. tone this area so that my pants don't all wear out in a few months. I would also like to wear shorts with out flab hanging out.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank u!

Gio

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    There's no magic pill or exercise. Your thighs will get a lot smaller as you lose the fat, continue to work on that.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce. Believe me, I have tried. However, you can tone the area and then burn fat through cardio like jogging. You should check out "pop-pilates" on youtube. Cassey has a crapload of thigh workouts that target the inner thigh. They are brutal!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Let's cover the basics.
    Set your goals to lose at a moderate rate (a pound a week for example).
    Get on a regular exercise plan that incorporates both cardio and strength training (serious squats, deadlifts, and cleans do wonders for the thighs and butt) on alternating days.
    Eat plenty of protein.
    Incorporate adequate rest.
    Document, document, document. This includes everything that enters the mouth. Even water. Hydration plays a role in metabolism and recovery. This way you can see what is working and tweak when necessary.

Finally be both patient and persistent. The thighs will lean out and tighten up. You will feel great and look great.
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • gio425
    gio425 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I thought so!! OK This is another motivator to get my butt to the gym & to drink more water. :)

I'm clueless when it comes to nutrition also. I'm sure i will be all over the boards with questions. haha!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I thought so!! OK This is another motivator to get my butt to the gym & to drink more water. :)

I'm clueless when it comes to nutrition also. I'm sure i will be all over the boards with questions. haha!
    I know a lot about calories (like I know them by heart even though I don't always follow it LOL) so if you ever need any help there let me know :] I ask a lot of questions anyways to check double check and triple check so don't worry about it! We all are very nervous and determined