Yoga for seniors?

Options
Hello yogis,
I am in love with yoga- a little past beginners but hardly advanced. I have gone on and on about it until my grandmother wants to give yoga a try. I have offered to help but am looking for a nice video for seniors that will be low impact and easy for her to use. She has always been fairly active and until recently exercised religiously. Her health has made that difficult lately so she is looking for something simple and as I said, low impact. I know I have a video or two that I feel she could do but I'd like something maybe aimed for her age. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• nose6
    nose6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My mom is in her 60s and follows the Kate Potter Namaste Yoga videos daily: http://www.katepotteryoga.ca/aboutkate.html

My yoga teacher is also in her 60s! She has seen and liked the Kate Potter ones too.

Disclaimer: I've never seen or tried these videos myself, and it depends on the person's health conditions and existing fitness level, etc.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any videos, but many senior centers offer cheap classes. Might want to do a library search as well.