Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5'3" - 5'5" women weight loss group?

Replies

• My name is Jolene and I'm 22 years old, 5'4" & 168lbs. I keep having and reading a lot of questions for women around this height and I think it would be nice to gather us into a bunch for support. I also figure we could help each other by answering questions from our own experiences. I think it could be very beneficial so anyone 5'3"-5'5" who would be interested, let me know :]

do i count? i'm 5'1 but i am interested
  • jonesygetshealthy
    jonesygetshealthy Posts: 66 Member
    I'm Christen. 21, 5'3", started at 195lbs and now at 155lbs. I am super interested! :)
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    5'4" over here with about 50 lbs to lose. Things are definitely different for us shorter ladies...
  • Ellyabell
    Ellyabell Posts: 49 Member
    Sounds good. 5"3 here.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Sounds great! II'm 5"4 and totally in. My name is Shelley and I started out at 365 lbs and now I'm 320 lbs. My goal weight is 135-145 lbs depending on what looks good on me. :wink:
  • kareninthepink
    kareninthepink Posts: 1 Member
    Well I'm 5,3 and 88kgs, also interested :heart:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    I am 1.6 metres. which should be 5'2-5'3? currently about 179 lbs and aiming for 120-125 lbs. I would love to be a part of this group =)
  • Shellsmiley
    So who is going to start the group? :bigsmile: I'm super excited!!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Hi everyone! My internet was a jerk last night because of rain, but I will start a group ASAP and post it here in a minute :] so nice to see people interested and @ soaringlikean Sure! Why not :] I dont mind if you dont mind. This is all about support and motivation, not clicks. I just figured it is good to see people around a similar height/weight as you for help with calorie intake and other issues. 5'1" isnt that different xoxo
  • Verity1111
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9335-sporty-shorties-5-1-5-5

^ Link to the group for anyone that didn't receive the invites I sent :]
    I was thinking I will also make a worksheet/spreadsheet online for us to update our losses just for some extra inspiration.
  • I'm 5'4 and I have about 67 more pounds to loose for my long term goal and really need some support.
  • Great job ! keep on goin! so close i cant wait to reach my goals just think about the sexy clothes you will fit in! lol
    I'm 5'4 and I have about 67 more pounds to loose for my long term goal and really need some support.
  • im 5'5" just started and trying to get used to this lesser eating from being an athlete i was used to eating whatever whenever until i had to stop playing now im overweight and trying to get my life back on track!
  • Foie_gras
    Foie_gras Posts: 19 Member
    Hi all --

I'm 5' 4.5" but I round up to 5' 5". :)

Before I started MFP, I was my heaviest (non-pregnant) ever. Really demoralizing. I'm making progress, which helps motivate me. But if you're like me, we need all the motivation and support we can get!

We can do this!
  • Verity1111
    Look more people! Everyone is free to join the group through the link I provided :] I posted a basic worksheet to add/track our weight and if someone wants me to make a different one that includes measurements I can do that too. Thank you for all of your replies.
  • Verity1111
    Sounds great! II'm 5"4 and totally in. My name is Shelley and I started out at 365 lbs and now I'm 320 lbs. My goal weight is 135-145 lbs depending on what looks good on me. :wink:

I meant to say, that is a spectacular loss and do you realize you are nearly 1/4 of the way there now? :]
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    im 5'5" just started and trying to get used to this lesser eating from being an athlete i was used to eating whatever whenever until i had to stop playing now im overweight and trying to get my life back on track!

Re-training your brain after being a serious athlete is SO HARD! I only ended up where I am today because through most of my 20s I ate the way I had in my teens when I was in the pool six days a week. I TOTALLY understand!
  • 5' 3" and totally in!!!!
  • Shellsmiley
    Thanks for the group! ITS AWESOME!!! ^_^
  • livestrong65
    livestrong65 Posts: 37 Member
    Add me, I'm in with 5"4 and 167 lbs.......never been so heavy. Need to lose 10% first but a total of 20 lbs! Anyone here can add me, please. Together we're strong.