Job interview, do you wear perfume or not?

Options
For the ladies to answer of course, lol.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    No. Perfume can be offensive to those of us with sensitive noses.
  • Nwalters113
    Options
    I think a simple mist of something light would be appropriate. If you always wear it, you will most likely wear it on the job, no?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    just stick with the knee pads!

*for praying of course...sheesh ya'll got a filthy mind!!!
  • Nwalters113
    Options
    knee pads are a good touch - lol
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say no!
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I would say no. A lot of places are scent free these days (at least around here!) so wearing perfume will probably not be a good idea. You don't know if the interviewer is sensitive to scents or not. Better to be safe then sorry!
  • ChanyL
    ChanyL Posts: 41
    Options
    First thing I was told was to never wear perfume when going to a job interview.
  • TarynK11
    Options
    Thanks!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    No!
    I may wear a scented lotion on my arms. But actual spray perfume...No!
  • TarynK11
    Options
    You all rule, got 2nd interview.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Never. Too many people with allergies and some people have a pretty heavy hand even when they think they don't. It just might not be a pleasant scent for someone on the interview panel. Err on the side of no.
  • griffx12
    griffx12 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Never - !
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Nope! Deodorant and im good to go xD
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Never. Allergies and stuffy rooms.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I only wear a very very light perfume for job interviews. Any perfume you choose should be light and not overbearing.

No musks or things like that.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I'm not a lady...............but Imma give ya my 2 cents.....................first off, why would the ladies be the only suitable "answerers"?????????????? Do men not conduct interviews............let's use are heads ladies............

Moving along..............I would not where any scent. Be scentless..............seriously.............you do not know who that interviewer is............you might be reminding him of his ex wife (that b*tch) you might make em think your all fluff and no work ethic. He/she might be allergic to certain scents and not wanna hire you thinking your always gonna wear the scent. No distractions..........especially if you really got it going on anyways......I mean job wise.

Happy job hunting!
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    No scent
  • kinkykiddo
    Options
    Something light. If you don't typically wear something light, then don't wear anything at all. Some people are sensitive to stronger colognes and perfumes.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Never. Unless it's the sort of job you wouldn't mention to your mother. It is an interview, not a date.
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    seems to bother alot of people nowadays; no perfume