UK peeps: Marks & Spencers fuller for longer meals

Options
2»

Replies

• haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are great. There is one called Super Wholefood Salad or something that has 10g of healthy fats, 30g of protein and 30g of carbs and about 380 calories.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I've had the occasional ready meal from the range and thought they were tasty, not impressed with the sandwiches though as I didn't find them any different from the regular range.

I do think they're quite expensive compared with other ranges, and there are some of the 'meals for one' fish and mash, cottage pie etc. which are cheaper and actually have fewer calories.

Overall I think they're okay for an occasional CBA treat, but not ideal as an every day thing :flowerforyou:
  • The Fuller Longer range is okay, but more of a marketing gimmick than anything particularly special... I seem to recall that some of the calorie contents are on the high side.

I'm generally not a big fan of pre-packaged foods, but if you're after nutritional balance and convenience, the Innocent Veg pots are absolutely brilliant. You get 3 of your 5 a day in each one, a good fiber balance and they all seem to be delicious. Great as a lunch or an easy dinner after the gym! :)

Oo thank you..i had forgotten about those innocent pots!! i will have to give them a go :) xxx
  • kathrynangelabaird
    Options
    We have an M&S sandwich van that comes to my work everyday and they have the fuller for longer bits on it. They do a chicken pesto flatbread that is amazing and ready meals on there too.

I find they fill me up nicely and I go from like 12noon lunchtime until 7-8pm without snacking when I have them.
  • We have an M&S sandwich van that comes to my work everyday and they have the fuller for longer bits on it. They do a chicken pesto flatbread that is amazing and ready meals on there too.

I find they fill me up nicely and I go from like 12noon lunchtime until 7-8pm without snacking when I have them.

Wow really?! THAT is what i need!! something to stop me being hungry ALL the time! xxx
  • kathrynangelabaird
    Options
    They do fill me up nicely though and I am a sucker for snacking in the afternoon so If I have one of the chicken pesto flatbreads and a snack pack of grapes it fills me up until I make my dinner. (which is usually really late!)

I've had a few of the ready meals before but I don't really shop at M&S so I can't really know if they are on the expensive side or anything!x
  • Great :) thank you! xxx
  • Bella_Bea
    Bella_Bea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes I swear by these! They are great for the normal higher calorie meals, something like curry etc! They don't taste too processed like a lot of ready meals either and they meat is normally great too!

Enjoy :)
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you recognise that some of them are going to seem high in calories as they are replacing something that is massively high then you will do ok with this. EG, a full fat indian curry that is 850+ cals for a one that is 500ish is a bonus.