Graveyard shift

Options
I usually work a normal 9 to 5 day, but I occasionally work an overnight shift. Should I count the food I eat at 3am for the day I am 'technically' on or the day I am still awake from.

EX: I work Friday 11pm to 7am. Do I count the food I eat at 1am on Saturday as Friday or Saturday?
Thanks!(:

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I get up around 11 or noon and go to bed at 4 a.m. the next day. Occasionally I will work a day shift. I count all my stuff on the day I started eating unless I slept. When I sleep, I start a new day when I wake up.
  • Firefightergirl18
    Firefightergirl18 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Do you go to bed when you get home? If you sleep sta morning I would do it as Friday
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It's 3 am here and I'm still awake (like usual!). I just count from the time I wake up to I go to bed as one day. I'm assuming sleeping and all its hormones and such "reset" the clock. That's my logic..
  • Em__143
    Em__143 Posts: 22
    Options
    I wake up Friday morning early, 8am. Then go about my day usually until 5pm, then sleep until 10pm. Go to work, 11pm to 7am then go home and sleep until noon Saturday. Graveyards throw off my whole sleeping/eating schedule!):
  • Em__143
    Em__143 Posts: 22
    Options
    It's 3 am here and I'm still awake (like usual!). I just count from the time I wake up to I go to bed as one day. I'm assuming sleeping and all its hormones and such "reset" the clock. That's my logic..

This is usually what i do...from when I wake up and start eating until I have a full night sleep. Obviously, I don't count naps as a sleep.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I work nights, 9:45 PM to 8 am. What I do is when I go into work I start my new day on here. I figure it as I will be sleeping in the day after the shift untill after lunch time so what I have during my night shift is my breakfast.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I work nights 7P-7a and consider a "day" from the time I wake up until I go to bed. Just like any dayshifter that way it does not get confusing on my nights off when I flip back to normal sleep wake pattern.