logging whole foods takes FOREVER.

Options
1235»

Replies

• AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I find I go through ups and downs. Sometimes, it feels like it takes forever, and sometimes, I just don't mind. I have entered dozens of recipes, and I find I sometimes need to psych myself up for the process! I like to cook new recipes all the time, so continuously need to keep adding them to MFP.

Overall, though, I'm finding that MFP is useful and helpful enough to me that it's worth the hassle, in the long run.

Hang in there!
    Thank you . I am much agreed. I am constantly making new recipes. i get bored, and there are SO many yummy paleo recipes now!
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Ok. I love MFP. But I am getting irritated about logging. 98% of my food is NOT packaged, and does NOT have a label. Logging vegetables, and whole foods is starting to feel like a chore. I would like to, at times, use the quick add feature, but I don't just count calories. Not having the carb/ fat option sucks. Ok I am done whining. Anyone else feel this way?

You do know you can make you own recipes and use them over and over - you can save whole meals and uses them over and over and you can copy meals from other days..

I think it is very quick and esay
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    But I did learn that you can edit them if you want to change up the recipe slightly. Some days call for more garlic, you know what I mean? :laugh:
    How do you 'edit' a part of the recipe? The only way I found is to delete the item and do a whole new search for it then enter in the new amount.

Yes, that's true. But you don't have to start the whole recipe from scratch. What I mean is that you're editing the recipe. But you CAN edit the amount of food on the iPhone app. :drinker:

Or on a laptop (through MFP website) you just click on the ingredient , after you added the meal. It could not be more simple.
    Imagine you have 1 spoon of proteins with 200ml of milk after every workout, but sometimes you use 2 spoons. You set a meal "proteins & milk" and you just click the proteins in your diary to get 2 spoons . So easy, it takes 2 seconds. Sometimes if I end a bottle and have only 150ml, no problem, just click on milk and adapt it.

That is very easy for vegetable mixes as I always use same vegetables (for pasta, ratatouille, with meats,...:oignon, tomato, carrots, courgette, eggplant and pepper) but different ratios. So my vegetable mix works 5 days out of 7. Just click and adapt, takes me 1 minute for the entire day, 2-3 minutes if I try several new entries :)

Hope you will find your optimized way soon
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have no problem logging my whole foods and I weigh every single thing I eat with a digital scale. Everything I enter has fat/carb/sugar, etc in the database.
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe program that I add new recipes to...that does allow for changes! If it is a complicated recipe I put it in that program and that solves the issue. From there I can find a comparable cal source in MFP. That works for me and the rest of the world ..when I pass recipes along to others. Gripes bring out the best and the worst in folks...Seems to be more positive than the opposite and probably some folks were even inspired to be more diligent in logging. :drinker:
  • sbermud
    sbermud Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't log food on here anymore. I use the lose it! App much easier