IT WORKS! or does it?

Options
Hi MFP! Anyone tried this wrap? I was looking for real people reviews before I jump in with both feet. Looks to be a big pick me up for folks and helps with motivation. Thanks!

Just to clarify the wrap...is called IT WORKS! like in my title...thanks!

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    What are you hoping it will do? I don't think it's going to have an effect on your body fat. Personally I wouldn't find it very motivating to temporarily lose water weight, and then gain it back again. It just seems like another diet industry money-making gimmick. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by a "pick me up". Is it supposed to have some other benefit?
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    What wrap?
  • lanapoo
    lanapoo Posts: 57
    Options
    Believe she's referring to the body wrap. I was thinking about trying that as well, but wasn't sure if it's worth the $. Some of my friends who tried it kept raving about how great it is, but I'm still skeptic. I don't want to spend my $20 on ONE wrap...
  • luckyvirgo
    luckyvirgo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did a body wrap a few years ago and it did nothing. :ohwell:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    What wrap?

Same question. Not sure which "wrap" you are talking about?
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Believe she's referring to the body wrap. I was thinking about trying that as well, but wasn't sure if it's worth the $. Some of my friends who tried it kept raving about how great it is, but I'm still skeptic. I don't want to spend my $20 on ONE wrap...

Oh... ok. I understand now. I never thought of using it. I wouldn't think it would be worth this money.
  • MrsCassieThreatt
    MrsCassieThreatt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The body wrap is called IT WORKS! You can google it... it has a lot of reviews but its usually people selling the product. I saw some youtube videos on it and it looks like it could work for some people. I was curious if anyone had used this particular wrap. Thanks
  • MrsCassieThreatt
    Options
    What are you hoping it will do? I don't think it's going to have an effect on your body fat. Personally I wouldn't find it very motivating to temporarily lose water weight, and then gain it back again. It just seems like another diet industry money-making gimmick. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by a "pick me up". Is it supposed to have some other benefit?

I wasn't trying to "do" anything necessarily. I specifically asked for people to respond who have used the product and get their opinion. When I say "pick me up" I am referring to motivation. It's nice to get a boost in motivation and a pick me up towards your goal. Again I'm asking for reviews from prior users.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine tried it and saw small, temporary results. I think the big thing about this wrap is that it's great to help shrink you down for a special event (gets rid of excess bloat), but isn't something that works long-term. A lot of the people who rave about it aren't people who typically drink a lot of water, and lots of water intake is required when you use the wrap, so the skeptical side of me suspects these are the same people who'd lose weight anyway if they replaced their soda with lots of water.

Still, I think it has merit if you're needing to squeeze into a snug dress or something for a special occasion.

I've heard a number of times that the same results can be achieved if you slather yourself with Preparation H and then wrap yourself up in saran wrap...I haven't tried that, but I'm tempted, hah!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

I wasn't trying to "do" anything necessarily. I specifically asked for people to respond who have used the product and get their opinion. When I say "pick me up" I am referring to motivation. It's nice to get a boost in motivation and a pick me up towards your goal. Again I'm asking for reviews from prior users.
    Um, I guess?

Personally, my motivation comes from the results I see from working out and eating right
  • MrsCassieThreatt
    Options
    Wow...I was asking for reviews from people who've used the product and I am getting personal opinions on where motivation comes from and diet and exercise. Again...please respond if you have used the product. Thanks
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I guess people are just trying to understand what it's supposed to do (which I'm still not clear on), but I guess you don't want to hear any opinions to the negative huh?

ETA: I'm honestly not trying to be antagonistic, but I think people are only posting here to try to be helpful. You'd probably have more success in finding people that have actually tried it by looking at independent review sites. I would be concerned though that people may think it's a great success because they have lost "weight", but that doesn't mean it's actually done anything for fat loss. But again, I'm still not 100% sure what exactly you're trying to achieve with it, so maybe water weight loss is what you want.