I've lost 103 lbs. so far

Options
It's taken a year, but I finally reached that hundred pounds lost mark. Now I only have a few more pounds to lose to reach a wt. of 200 lbs. I still have 50 lbs. to lose, but I know that I will one day reach that goal because I am determined to do it to become healthier. I will never again be fully healthy due to a lifetime of being overweight. I have diabetes, sleep apnea, heart disease, COPD and many other health problems. I had a heart attack and open heart surgery 4 yrs. ago. I was told that I had to lose wt. or I was going to die. In 4 yrs. I've had to have 10 surgeries for health problems and half of them were major operations that I didn't know if I was going to survive or not. I also suffer from major depression and have had to be hospitalized 6 times for that and thoughts of suicide. I am happily married, but was never able to carry children. Feel free to add me for support and motivation.

Replies

• Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Way to go! 100 lbs lost is more than amazing! keep up the great work! it seems like you have a lot to be healthy for!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Great job, congrat! Time to update your profile a little, looks like you kicked your plateau.
    I truly hope your loss and new body translate to improved health.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    That is amazing - well done you. Here's to hoping that all the hard work at losing the weight means that you have improved health. Fantastic!
  • Kim1731
    Kim1731 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 103 pounds that is an amazing accomplishment.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Even with all your surgeries you've lost 103 pounds, and it's not been easy I know it hasn't. You WILL lose that last 50 and wow what a difference that will make. I enjoy having you as a friend and my wife and I have not ever had children either. One of these days we are close enough we should all get together and meet.
  • Kryscave
    Kryscave Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! :noway:
  • simong79
    Options
    You rock!!! Awesome job! I wish you the best.
  • karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! amazing!:smile:
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You my special friend aew an amazing person and I have to say that I am very proud of you and all that you have achieved so far. I know you will achieve your goal. Way to go Kim!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Great job, I am almost there. Keep up the great work
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly well - good luck on your continuing journey to be the best, healthiest you that you can be XXX
  • phanmale
    Options
    Wow! well done you!! Massive pat on the back :)

Like you, I've been overweight all my life, and suffer from depression. I was diagnosed with bipolar 7 years ago and have struggled with my mood swings alongside my weight. Ive changed medication a few times to "get the balance right" and last year an allergic reaction to a new drug caused me to have liver failure and a weeks stay in hospital - over the last year I've regained the stone I lost from using MFP :(
    Back now and more determined, your post is such an inspiration and encourages me (and I'm sure many others) to realise never to give up. You have proved that if you stick at it, you really can shrug off the excess.

I'm so proud of you as I'm sure you are yourself :)
  • kasmusic3PA
    kasmusic3PA Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have an amazing story, You are a huge inspiration to all of us. I think that you are fantastic in that you
    have taken control of you life. I know that things happen that are out of our control, however you are doing a
    fantastic job in finding all the resources to help you through all of these major obstacles and you are still
    doing a great job. I just had my roux-n-y surgery on Sept 11 and I have lost a total of 61 pounds and somedays
    it is really hard. I am not hungry and I am eating because I know that I have to. I have always been overweight and
    I too, have experienced depression because of it. Now I feel so much better about life.

I know that you will be able to continue to succeed in your battles and I for one would love to be able to support you
    in any way that I can. I believe that God always leads us to those who need us. I admire you for you ability to
    stay focused, perserve and not give up. Be proud of yourself for you have achieved so many goals in such a short
    time. You are beautiful for all of that.

I'm very very proud of you and privileged to be your friend.
    Kathy
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - you look great - keep on keepin' on!!!!!