Met my mini goal!

Options
Well, I finally did it! I met my mini goal! I have lost 15 pounds since starting MFP! That makes 20 all together! I have never accomplished anything close to this before! I am so proud of myself. (That is something I haven't been able to say in a loooong time!) Until I started MFP I wasn't really living.. I was always depressed. I felt like I wanted to change but I didn't care enough about myself to actually do it. I felt undeserving. The biggest accomplishment to me (other than losing some weight) is that I did not give up! I pressed on and actually worked hard at something! For this I have to thank all the wonderful people at MFP! I am so glad that I found a site where I could be supported and give support without all the mean people saying hurtful, discouraging things to each other. In fact, before MFP, I had never even been to website community where everyone was friendly and helpful, without even one rude person. So thank you to everyone who kept me motivated and who are still keeping me motivated. I love MFP and I dont think I will ever leave!

I want to here your stories! Share them no matter how big or how small!

Replies

• SkinTight01
    Options
    Congratulations. I like your idea of a mini goal. I am going to set one for myself this week and for the next 4 weeks.
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep up all that positive energy and reach your next goal! This site and the people on it are quite amazing! Good job!! :flowerforyou:
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!! im hoping to be down 20 when i weigh in next tues and then im hoping to be down 30 on the tues after easter. i hope i can do it!!!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congrat's on you First Mini Goal!!! :happy:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Thank you for posting your success. I needed a little boost today to keep on track.. Thanks to your post, I am hauling my sorry behind off the chair and over to my cardio machine. :)
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean about feeling depressed. I have a lot more weight to lose. But just the little I have lost I feel great. Keep it up girl!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an awesome success story! 20# is a huge amount. Be proud!!!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've done really well. You're smart to break it up into smaller steps; that way you'll always have an accomplishment to be proud of. :flowerforyou:
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for posting....I sometimes forget to celebrate the small accomplishments. I've lost 13 pounds and was a tad depressed because I'd gained 2 back after the weekend when going into the weekend I was down 15. I noticed my enthusiasm slacken and didn't visit the site as much. But then I had to find it in myself to recommit and re-energize. One thing that helps me is to go pick up 15 lbs of weights and carry them around a while. JUST THINK.....YOU USED TO HAVE THAT ON YOUR BODY!!

It's amazing how we psych ourselves out, conversely, I gotta learn to psych myself UP.

thanks again for your post.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!