Gorging?

Options
Is there any other emotional gorgers out there? Do you have any advice on how to stop yourself from gorging?

Replies

• Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey,

By gorging I assume you mean bingeing? Well do you mind if I ask how it manifests for you? Do you literally eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in the house regardless of what it is? You just want food and more food...
    Or is it more like you say to yourself... "Stuff it... I'm going to eat a whole bag of chips and then some chocolate and call it a night"?

I think you need a hobbie or preoccupy yourself with something, anything... I find that surrounding myself with people curbs me from bingeing, because it's embarrassing. I sometimes go on a walk or get in the car and go for a drive when I feel the urge to binge. Listen to music and dance around like a freak. Tell myself that if I am craving a certain food that I will work super hard in the morning and if I still feel like it I will have it for lunch, but in a smaller portion.

Christina
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I want to eat incredible amounts of food. I am thinking of picking up the book Intuitive Eating today, maybe it can help me. I know I have anxiety issues and that makes me want to go numb and the only way I know how to do that is eat.
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yeah totes. Or read a book on Mindful Eating.

Lots of luck,
    Christina
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    right now my biggest problem is....that damn halloween candy thats here!! i was doin so good til the reeces peanutbutter cups entered my home! i gorged yesterday.....musta eaten 10 of them.....(and thats a conservative guess)
    so don't feel bad, ur not the only one!!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I know where you are.
    I am sooo good at being good, bit of exercise, sensible eating etc. Then I'll have aday (Or evening) when I feel like something different, and then it's like a dam bursting and I'll eat for England.
    Cake is this worst, but if I get hold of sweets or chocolate it's like something in me snaps. So I try to have a little bit of something I might like quite often, in the hope that I won't deelop a craving.
    It tends to work for a while, I can go a month or so between silly days.
    Just have to keep my sensible head on!
    Good luck, you'll find the way that works best for you.