Job interview, do you wear perfume or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Never. Some people are bothered by perfume/cologne. Nobody is bothered by the lack of it (assuming you've got good hygiene). So a simple risk analysis says forget the scent.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    yes!

but very little

to me a man wearing perfume tells me that he looks after himself.

and of course make sure that it's something light and not sickly sweet or over powering.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    only a teeny,weeny,weeny bit if you are one of those that applies it moments before the interview. else apply a little an hour or so before...but keep it subtle.
  • genefabes
    genefabes Posts: 132
    Options
    You all rule, got 2nd interview.

well did you wear perfume?

*y'all
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Something light. If you don't typically wear something light, then don't wear anything at all. Some people are sensitive to stronger colognes and perfumes.

agreed.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I would say yes, but just put one dab or spray on. Just one!
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    yes but just a spray or two. nothing strong. and tbh mine wears off quickly! expenisve stuff too!
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Agree with the majority never wear it. In fact don't wear it to the gym either, or airplanes!! It's the worst when yo have someone get next to you at the gym who has such strong sents on!! not to mention sitting next to them on the airplane for 15 hrs!!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I wear perfume everywhere else, even to work too. My only exception would be not at the interview. You want to be remembered for your skills and any scent is distracting.
  • Bama4granma
    Options
    no perfume..or scented lotions just be clean from shower...and dont forget your deodorant! :wink:
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am older but I always wear perfume when going on an interview. I can say that when I have interviewed for a new job I almost always get an offer. I think it is a matter of what you do normally. It is also common sense not to wear anything too strong but something very light will not hurt.

Just my 2 cents.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I always wear a light perfume, especially when I'm hairdressing. Never had a complaint but I think I'd rather not think I smell bad when working so close to people!!!

I'd wear one to an interview but only one I would wear on a day to day basis.
  • mizzkitty50
    Options
    Nope!
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of lightly scented lotion. Would you guys deem this acceptable?
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I don't wear perfume to an interview, but do use a lightly scented body wash.
  • foodintent
    foodintent Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think it might depend on the job. If it's for a job that would have to do with beauty (hairdresser, makeup artist, etc.) then I might. If not then no I wouldn't.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I always wear perfume, but I work in the cosmetology industry. I would keep it light though and nothing over powering.
  • TarynK11
    Options
    It is a corporate job