What's for dinner tonight?

Options
Need some healthy alternatives as to what to cook for dinner for hubby and 2 young kids? What are you eating for dinner?

Replies

• mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm having a pan fried pork loin steak with new potatoes and veggies...not sure which yet!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Sainsbury's Cornish Pasty, Heinz Baked Beans and Fruit Salad with low fat yoghurt (it's Saturday and I've been to the gym for 2 hours)
  • dudekc
    dudekc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    homemade turkey burgers and homemade sweet potato fries!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Tonight we're having white chicken chili and...various other chilis.

It's the neighborhood Halloween party and chili contest - the white chili is my entry. It's not low fat...but it sure is good! :smile:
  • horses7777
    Options
    Stirfry with onions, red yellow and green pepper, mushrooms, and Angus top sirloin. I am going to change it up a bit and add some PB2 and fresh ginger along with soy sauce and hoisin sauce, to give it a thai-ish flavor. I saw a post here about a stir fry using PB2 and it sounded so good.
  • gryhndmom
    gryhndmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Low Calorie Crock Pot Chili Mac. Found the recipe at www.food.com. It's less than 300 calories per cup. Tastes pretty good too!
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    BBQ marinated moose steak, acorn squash and broccoli
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken breast, squash, green salad w/Greek yogurt dill dressing.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I have Yogurt, Cauliflower, Apples and baked Chicken in the fridge right now....maybe some of that?
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in he mood to cook so I will be having jammin' jerk chicken with beans and rice.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, right now. Dinner is hours away. But I have to get back on track - last night's party was a doozy!! :bigsmile:
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    tortilla with lean ground beef.. cheese.. lettuce.. tomatoe.. plain greek yogurt.. salsa..

YUM!
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have some left over brown rice, green beans, and carrots left over from lunch yesterday and I also have an egg in the fridge, so I am gonna make some homemade veggie fried rice.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    pulled pork and homemade coleslaw - the pulled pork is in the crock pot now. Yum!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    we had beef stew with loads of veggies and new potatoes :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight....

Eggplant Rollatini

Peel two eggplant and slice longways (into long 1/2 thick strips).
    Spray with pam on both sides and lay on cookie sheets. Bake until pliable.
    On each strip put a small handful of spinach leaves, a tablespoon of ricotta, and a small piece of fresh mozzarella. Roll up and put in a baking dish.
    Once they are all rolled up cover with a cup of marinara and some shredded fresh mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.

I serve it with a caesar side salad.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs - about 2lbs worth
    Large bottle of your favorite salsa
    1 15oz can dark red kidney beans
    1 bag frozen corn
    1 package taco seasoning

Put all in crock pot and cook on high for about 6-8 hours. Shred chicken and stir back into the crock. Can serve over rice or on soft taco shells with your favorite fixings.

We are having the leftovers from my last double batch tonight for dinner. I froze several bowls from that batch so we could have it over time and this is the last bowl.
    Guess I'll have to make some more again soon.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm making a 3 egg omelet with cheese, bacon, mushrooms and ham. I am on night shift tonight so I need a good energy and protein boost to get me through!