Drive by water bottling

Options
hepkitty
hepkitty Posts: 133
Argh I just had to vent. Went for a short run around the block before dinner and I'm running down the side of the road when some stupid teenagers in a racy car drive by and throw a full 600ml water bottle at me! It hit me in the upper arm, more startling than painful (tho it's still a touch sore 30 minutes later), but honestly. It made me SO MAD! And upset, and scared, I guess...I pulled the fingers at them and got some back in return, then started worrying about what I'd do if they pulled over or something...

Totally threw me off my stride for a few minutes, it's just so horrible that people would do that, just throw things at people for fun. And there's nothing I could do about it! Probably pulling the fingers at them just made them happier cos they saw they got to me.

Got back on my stride though by imagining that I'd had a water balloon full of paint (and wicked aim and a good arm for a long distance throw to their speeding off car).

Replies

• tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What a bunch of disrespectful ******. I can't believe it, sorry you had to deal with it.
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    Cell phone cameras are great for capturing license plate numbers, and then reporting assults :)
  • ATXrunner
    ATXrunner Posts: 41
    Options
    Keep running, girl! The only way they will really "get to you" is if their cruel, childish behavior keeps you from getting your miles in.

I've never had anything thrown at me, but I did have some teens blow smoke in my face when I was running by. :explode: I was so mad that I actually ran a PR on my 5k that day! I say channel any leftover anger/frustration/fear and use it to your benefit!

:flowerforyou:
  • metroace
    metroace Posts: 6
    Options
    Cell phone cameras are great for capturing license plate numbers, and then reporting assults :)

Absolutely. That is assault and should be reported to the Police.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Blah. People can be really crappy. I had an experience in the fall while walking alone in the park at night...a group of teenagers were pretty rude, and I did the same as you...came on here and vented. I haven't walked in that park again which is sad. It's really disheartening when things like that happen. Be glad you gave them the finger- if you hadn't you would regret it later, and wish you had. :)