Expensive NSV!

Options
kmm7309
kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
I guess you could call it a NSV... today I was washing my hands at my kitchen sink. When I finished, my wedding band was gone. It landed in the garbage disposal. Thank God I noticed! This is the second "rescue" of my wedding band, as it is now WAY too big for my finger. I have to get it re-sized, but for now I'm wearing it on my middle finger (still a little loose though, and it feels awkward). This could have proven to be an expensive NSV if I didn't notice!!

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Glad you rescued your ring and its a GREAT NSV!! I remember when I was married and lost a lot of weight, I wore my wedding and engagement rings on a gold chain around my neck for awhile till I got them resized.
  • kmm7309
    Options
    OMG that is a great idea!! I need to do something. I already lost my engagement ring :sad: and I don't want to lose this too!

Ironically, my husband also cannot wear his wedding band, but it's because he's gain a little weight :devil:

I don't wish it on him, but he was 130lbs... he could handle a little gain!
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    the owner of the company i work for lost hers few weeks ago because she has lost weight they look everywhere figured it was in the cloths she was washing next day hubby found it in her car after he moved the seat for the second time ready to give up the vacuum would of ate a 20gs ring the next time she had her mercedes cleaned the ring gods was shinning on her and you get it fixed nsv rule but shouldnt cost lol then again i am spending alot on cloths lol thats fun spending tho lol
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn my set in months. I just bought a cheap band to wear until I'm done losing, and will have my set resized then.
  • kmm7309
    Options
    I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only one suffering this lol
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I didn't wear my wedding ring for months because it would fly off like nothing. I took it in to get it inspected (a term of our warranty on it) and the lady commented that it looked like it hadn't even been worn because it was so clean. I explained and she put on a temp adjuster for free! I can now wear my ring until I reach my goal and can get it resized. So, try asking at a local jewelry store.
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow you must be so proud! Great job!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done this. Mine is in a box waiting. We bought a size 8 and I'm down to a size 6 3/4 so far. Congratulations!
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you can get a ring snuggle from claires' or accessorize, its basically a little clear plastic cuff that you put on the ring. it stops it from falling off and gives a comfy fit. best of all it in no way damages your ring and once you are down to your desired weight you then can get it resized once and for all. I wear it with my engagement ring:)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Nice Catch!!! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!