No motivation

Options
I just feel like I have no motivation lately. It's not just with my diet, it's with my entire life. I've been skipping class like crazy, because I can't even get out of bed. I barely go to the gym, I avoid doing homework, I do the bare minimum of everything. Dieting is the easy part - it takes very little energy to not get up to go to the kitchen to get more food. A couple months ago I was so excited, so motivated, and I don't know what's happened to me. I think I am lonely. I went back to college, away from my family where I was supported 100%, to living with a roommate who I barely talk to and no friends (except for some online). How do I get my motivation back? I want to be that girl two months ago who was so excited about the places my life was going.

Replies

• tonyaf78
    tonyaf78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    check your inbox:smile:
  • katiepatati
    katiepatati Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Aww this sounds similar to me, although i have no motivation to eat healthy either. I go to work because it pays the bills but thats about it. i dont exercise anymore, my house is a mess as i dont have the motivation to tidy it. ive given up on a distance learning study course and im just here, in my pyjamas, writing about it and not doing anything about it :-\
    ugh i frustrate myself!
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    It's so hard to have motivation when life is such a doldrum. The only thing I can think of is getting up and moving, maybe you will be able to find someone at school that would like to meet up to work out as well that's having the same issues. It's so much a one day at a time.
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just feel like I have no motivation lately. It's not just with my diet, it's with my entire life. I've been skipping class like crazy, because I can't even get out of bed. I barely go to the gym, I avoid doing homework, I do the bare minimum of everything. Dieting is the easy part - it takes very little energy to not get up to go to the kitchen to get more food. A couple months ago I was so excited, so motivated, and I don't know what's happened to me. I think I am lonely. I went back to college, away from my family where I was supported 100%, to living with a roommate who I barely talk to and no friends (except for some online). How do I get my motivation back? I want to be that girl two months ago who was so excited about the places my life was going.

At least you recognise the problem. You might benefit from setting yourself some short and long term goals. Long term goal could be to get the house tidy but short term could be to tidy just one room or one part of it
  • harrietsmama
    Options
    Also, this is the season for Seasonal Affective Disorder, and some folks just get the blues even if they aren't full blown. Maybe some Vitamin D3 (not D2!) or some brief tanning or something like that? {{{hugs}}}
  • thedodgeruk
    thedodgeruk Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    sounds either like depression or homesick. you need to figure out which one.
    depression could be that the course your on is not the right one for you and you need to change
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    maybe talk to someone about it like family or a gp.or set yourself small goals. im having to do this atm cause im having trouble walking and eating so my small goal of the day was keep down a yogut and empty the dish washer. maybe have something like do at least 1 10min walk or something
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    i would recommend trying to speak to a close family member or friend about it. Maybe you need to vent a little. Also i agree with the idea of setting goals for yourself. I have suffered with anxiety and depression in the past and setting goals and deadlines and making things such as little to do lists always seem to motivate me and keep me afloat.

Also i recently moved away from my family and friends (not too far but about an hour) and since I work mon-fri and am out of the house from 7am-7:15pm (just about all day) i still have yet to really meet a lot of my neighbors/make friends. So i know how you feel. Just keep your head up and tell yourself that it will all work out and all be okay :) just remember how good you felt when you were motivated and how amazing it made you feel maybe if you think of that you will be able to find that motivation.