55 Pounds Down! With Pics!

Options
kmm7309
kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
I still have a long way to go, but I'm down to a weight I was almost 5 years ago...

Hello, my name is Kristena, and he's a summary of what's been going on:

I have PCOS and hypothyroidism. I take Metformin and Levoxyl to help treat these conditions. I am 5'2" tall and my starting weight was 269. Fifty-five pounds ago, my doctor told me that I wouldn't be able to have a child until I lost about 50 pounds due to my PCOS issues. About 30 pounds in, I started ovulating for the first time in my life. I know it was the first time because that crap hurts! Anyway, I always knew that the day I started ovulating, I would start trying for a baby. When I actually did start, I didn't start trying. I realized at 239lbs, I still wasn't healthy for giving birth. I've decided to stick it out until next March (a year from my beginning) and try to get around 160-170lbs for my health and my baby's health.

I guess once you realize your health is crap, you realize how important it is to improve it before you give life to someone who will need you to be healthy for them!

I am now 214.4 pounds. I've been ovulating for several months now, and I feel a lot better overall. I eat around 1200 calories a day, sometimes eat my exercise calories back, and *try* to exercise three times a week (though admittedly, recently, I've been coming short of that). Because of my insulin resistance, I try to engage in a lower carb diet. I eat roughly 80-140 carbs a day (depending on exercise). I still eat my pasta sometimes ;) I admit that I had given up for 2 months between August and September, and I'm only a month back into it. When I gave up though, I guess I didn't really give up. I weighed every day and adjusted my eating based on the scale. I guess I went to maintenance for awhile until my life straightened out. I recommend the same strategy for anyone who thinks they need to give up. I didn't gain the weight back in those two months-- only 1 pound!

Anyway, here's me before I started losing:

529960_10151586388880790_1868572131_n.jpg
563692_10151489719980790_1911232716_n.jpg
184123_1871396876015_3820165_n.jpg

And here is me, earlier today:

559434_10151133291388460_646461596_n.jpg
557786_10151133291688460_1830288626_n.jpg
(Please excuse the messy hair!)

I'm only 42% done with my weight loss, but as I get closer to one-derland (LOL), I appreciate the little changes more and more. I hope this inspires you to continue your journey on this dreary day.

Replies

• PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the fabulous work! :)
  • Findingmyathlete
    Findingmyathlete Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your success! Keep up the good work :)
  • kmm7309
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm so excited! :happy:
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have the same two medical conditions - PCOS and low thyroid - and started at almost exactly the same weight. Am also trying to keep carbs moderate while eating in the 1200 cal range. Just discovered something you might like as a substitute for pasta. So-called "miracle noodles" are a zero calorie, zero-carb plant-based food that is a bit strange at first but takes up flavors very well and has a texture like soft pasta. Here's a description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles

I ordered it from amazon.com and just tried it for the first time today, under a ratatouille I made myself. I thought it was terrific.

You are already looking wonderful and I see you are only going to get better and better. Best wishes for a happy experience starting a family.
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    :smile: You are so beautiful!!! What a wonderful accomplishment! I look forward to your next set of pics!
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    You look great, girl! There's a big change there, and your face looks radiant and happy! Keep up the awesome work. :smile:
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You look terrific!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You are such a pretty girl - and you look so much prettier with that weight off you. Congratulations on your achievement so far and I am sure you will succeed. I hope you have the babies that you want when the time is right for you ;p)
  • Thinderella28
    Thinderella28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just joined Myfitneespal and your success is definitely already helping me and making me feel inspired! And look at that beautiful face!
  • Dcvanasse
    Dcvanasse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!! Keep it up - you are an inspiration! :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Great progress keep it up :)
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How exciting! Tremendous results and you look wonderful! Certainly hope you continue your success and are able to have as many children as you hope for! You are beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • kmm7309
    Options
    Aww you guys made me cry! :cry: happy tears though :) These pictures really brought it home for me.
  • jeby8
    jeby8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look superb! I have PCOS and Gluten Intolerance... until I put the two together, I couldn't lose the weight no matter how hard I tried, but now that I'm Gluten free, low carb, I've been able to start losing weight. I hope to have results like you. You truly look amazing! Keep going, you can do it!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful!
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look great. A++ job!
  • crybil
    crybil Posts: 13
    Options
    u look awesome way to go!
  • amyjanetx
    amyjanetx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well!! You are beautiful! And you can really see the difference! NIce work!
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I also have pcos and don't ovulate regular. Its so hard to go threw it all. I can't wait to lose the weight to be regular again! You look great ;)
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thats a great story. Im so pleased you decided to think of your unborn child as many dont! Your doing fabulous so far and im sure you'll be at your goal weight in time plus your looking great. Congrats on ovulating ha ha never thought id say that
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!