LADIES: Sports Bra Suggestions?

Options
I wear a size 34D in bras, so I'm rather large chested. ;) I've tried the zip-up Under Armour bra and I LOVE IT, but I only have that one good sports bra and I want to buy more. Are there any other brands/types that you recommend? I like high impact workouts like plyometrics and running, so I need something that's really going to keep the girls in place! Are Champion bras any good? The ones at my Modell's look terrible, but the ones on their site look a little more sturdy.

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I bought my champion bras off of amazon and I LOVE them. For the first time in my life, I can wear 1 sports bra and not have to double up. It's rather magical. For reference, I'm a 32C and I bought the extra small.
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Le Mystere 310. I'm a 34DD. The fit is snug but it keeps my boys in place.

Also, they are $$. I find mine on eBay... :)
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a resonably priced sports bra for a 38G? This really sucks.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a resonably priced sports bra for a 38G? This really sucks.

The only company I can think of that makes sports bras in that size is Enell, and their bras are both ugly and very expensive. :( I'm afraid us larger-chested girls have to be willing to invest a decent amount of money for the extra support we need. I don't expect to spend less than $50 on a sports bra anymore...the cheaper ones aren't enough.
  • michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Champion sports bra... It is made with spandex, which I really love about this bra!! Other sports bras that I have bought in the past have never cut it... I plan on buying more than just the one I have right now!!!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Under Armor is the ONLY brand of bra I will ever buy again for working out! They last a long time if you take care of them properly and work better than any bra I've had.

Currently a 38 F (I'm breastfeeding), but I've always been large chested.
  • Nikusz
    Nikusz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Shockabsorbers are my personal favorites. Panache and Freya also have sports bras, even Elomi which starts from 36 underbust and goes up, IIRC. you can buy online, for example figleaves.com stocks them and has both US and UK site. not sure though if you will find them reasonably priced.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    True. I just need to spend the money. I spend $120 on my every day bra's I just don't like the idea of spending so much on a bra I'm going to get hot and sweaty in. I really thought that after losing 94 pounds, they would be a lot smaller.
  • Excira
    Excira Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm a 34D as well and I've found the best sports bra ever!

I can't wear a Y-back bra because it hits a nerve and, let's face it, the "girls" are too heavy to put weight there. So I found a U-back bra with clasps in the back that not only supports brilliantly but is so comfortable that I forget it's there.

It is the "Champion Double Dry®+ Spot Comfort® Full-Support Sports Bra". Here's the link: http://bit.ly/TKA1fo

Hope that helps!
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D as well and I've found the best sports bra ever!

I can't wear a Y-back bra because it hits a nerve and, let's face it, the "girls" are too heavy to put weight there. So I found a U-back bra with clasps in the back that not only supports brilliantly but is so comfortable that I forget it's there.

It is the "Champion Double Dry®+ Spot Comfort® Full-Support Sports Bra". Here's the link: http://bit.ly/TKA1fo

Hope that helps!

Thank you! It's so ironic that you should mention this particular bra, I was just looking at that link before I posted this topic! I like that it's half the price of the sports bra I'm using now. :)
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Any one in the UK get the Champion bras?
    If so which ones and where do you buy them from?
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I vouch for shock absorbers. I have a few different ones and this was the only decent for 38F. Id recommend buying a slightly smaller size tho so it squashes you in a bit more for less movement and when you lose a bit of weight it still fits.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Enell, Enell, Enell. I can't say it enough. I don't care that they are ugly, I care that I can run a 5k and not feel the twins slamming around.

I am a 38 H and I wear the Enell size 4.

Worth every damn penny.
  • kim8306
    Options
    I am a 34DD. However, I purchased this bra in a 36D and love.. love... love...it!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Front-Close-Deep-Plunge-Sport-Bra/17480246#Product+Reviews
  • MrsGSR
    MrsGSR Posts: 88
    Options
    Bump, I'm a 30F and cannot find a sports bra anywhere :(
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am a 38DD and I buy the Champion sports bras at Target. The y-backed cami style ones. They are under $20 and keep me pretty much in place while I workout. Hope that helps.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Enell, Enell, Enell. I can't say it enough. I don't care that they are ugly, I care that I can run a 5k and not feel the twins slamming around.

I am a 38 H and I wear the Enell size 4.

Worth every damn penny.

I'll say it some more!
    Enell, Enell, Enell, ENELL!

I'm a 40 HH and also wear a 4

Yes, they are ugly. Yes, they are expensive.

However, they are high quality (wash up wonderfully), they last and there is some SERIOUS motion control.
    I wish they had been around when I used to ride
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    Shock absorbers!!!!! they keep my 32E bad boys at bay lol!!! plus find them on ebay reasonably priced
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    I could prolly use a sports bra by now eeww!