*Work out tunes* what are you listening to?

Options
Hey everyone

I've been listening to the same tunes now for a couple of months during training and keen to get some new ideas for work out tunes.

I've been loving Apocalypto (Presets) for cycling / interval training and Kasabian's new album for other cardio.

What are you listening to?

Replies

• snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's available to the US but I've downloaded Ministry of Sound Electronic 80s and Running Tracks from iTunes. Running Tracks especially good for cardio especially running.

I'm slightly embarassed to admit that I am addicted to the Glee Season 1 soundtrack at the moment! :blushing:
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh - but i need dance music...and music that makes me want to move...will smith, earth/wind & fire, KC and the sunshine band.
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm loving glee too!!! Lol

Rock chick at heart but when I'm exercising it's all about the trance! Darude Sandstorm, Chicane Saltwater and Faithless Insomnia are great running/cardio tracks. As much as I don't really like him, I find the beat in Basshunters music is quite good for running to (when I actually attempt to run) as well.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Normally I listen to something like Linkin Park (for Cardio) and Red Hot Chilli Peppers (when rowing) but last week for some reason my ipod went into shuffle and played loads of random stuff.

Surprisingly the tracks it picked went together pretty well and made it more interesting than normal.

My friend Lee listens to the "Rocky" Soundtrack when running !!!!!! :noway:
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    I teach fitness to latin music and when I run (I hate running) I listen to NIN. :)
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I love to listen to a few Kanye West songs, anything Fergie--her songs are fun to work out to! And I now I throw Carrie Underwood and her new song "Cowboy Casanova" in. That's what I normally finish my run to. Oh yeah, sometimes I throw some old school Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys, and N'Sync in there!! :)
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have a little bit of everything on my ipod but the song that gets me in the moment right now is Rhianna's "Hard". It's got that nice steady bass line to get in sync with and the lyrics make me think to myself "She bounced back and it was hard, I can do that to"
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    just "updated" my playlist to include
    Bulletproof - La Roux
    Dirt off your Shoulder - JayZ
    Blah Blah Blah - Kesha
    Cha-ching - Hedley
    Ex Girlfriend - No Doubt
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga has some good music to exercise to
  • CB82
    CB82 Posts: 3
    Options
    Lady Gaga, her new album "The Fame monster" is really good. I like to work out to DJ Slinky Inter-continental...great tunes fast moving music that gets you into the mind set of wanting to keep up with the beat!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh - but i need dance music...and music that makes me want to move...will smith, earth/wind & fire, KC and the sunshine band.

I'm the same. My playlist is all over. I put anything on it that makes me want to shake it. Usher, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Pink. I just added some Earth, Wind & Fire too! I also have just added The Ting Tings ("That's Not My Name" and "Shut Up and Let me Go")
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    we love the ting tings here - my cell ring tone is "that's not my name"!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    My friend Lee listens to the "Rocky" Soundtrack when running !!!!!! :noway:

I SO do this! And p.s. I end up punching the whole way, and I burn more calories and feel victorious after!! Don't judge :wink:
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm a "70s" girl so I listen to a lot of Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, Doobie Brothers, John Mellencamp and ABBA. The Eagles have a few good ones and The A-Teens are awesome for cardio. I am always looking for new music...I tend to get bored with the same old, same old....

Jan AKA PoeRaven

536659.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rhenichols
    rhenichols Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Klaxons album "Myths of the Near Future" - I can't go on the cross trainer without it!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    black eyed peas radio on pandora.
    nickelback, and pink.
  • samantha2417
    Options
    For cardio I need something with a good beat or heavy metal. Love Linkin Park, Metallica, NIN, Lady Gaga, Rhianna. Always on the lookout for new music to listen to while working out.
  • nurseandi
    nurseandi Posts: 80
    Options
    queen, bob marley, mika updated today to my list!
  • shanman
    shanman Posts: 16
    Options
    80's Rock - Jovi, Cinderella, Scorpions, Dokken, Tesla, AD-DC, etc. I play "air" drums while on the treadmill as well.

I know, it paints a cool picture, doesn't it. :glasses:
  • missjboone
    missjboone Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I am addicted to the Glee Season 1 soundtrack at the moment! :blushing:

Me too!!!! it is really peppy!

I also listen to a lot of reggaeton, which is like latin hip hop. I don't always understand it, but it makes it that much more fun!