Stupid question about finding running races

Options
Ok - so I am brand new to running and ran my first race ever today. it was a 5k in my town that was advertised everywhere you went.

Well, now I am hooked and have no idea how to go about finding races to compete in. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Google and facebook. See if there's any groups or sites that post local races. There might even be... an app for that! Some races are listed on Active.com, but I find them through a local facebook group.

And congrats on your first race!!! :drinker:
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Join your local running club! They will have all the info including training programs.
  • kate00000
    kate00000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check around to see if there is a running club in your community. They should have tons of information on races in your area. Another great place to check would be local stores that specialize in running gear. Also, if you have a facebook account, "like" pages that are geared towards running... a lot of the ads that show up on the side of your page will start to feature races and running shoes, etc. (Brooks and Runners' World Magazine are two great pages to "like" on FB. : ) Enjoy your runs!!! : )
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Join your local running club! They will have all the info including training programs.

Totally bummed - we don't have one.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I will check facebook and my local running store, though! I don't know why i didn't think of that before. lol
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Active.com is another place to check....
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    coolrunning.com - you can search by location, date, distance, etc