SCALE IS NOT GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
any advice??? Have been at this for 2 mos and i haven't lost any weight. working out about 6 bdays a week

Replies

5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    i had the same problem it was because i wasn't eating enough ,could that be the same with you ?
  • SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wonder this about me too, I always think I am being good to have cals left over and I like to leave some in case I have mis-calculated etc...you know got portion sizes wrong etc.

If I drink all my water I just dont feel like eating...thanks for posting this I have same question.

Uu do work out a lot though - did you take your measurements? Maybe you have lost inches?

Although you have done brilliantly to stick with this for a month, you must feel so much better anyway so dont worry about the silly scale numbers, that will follow and you are doing yourself the biggest favour ever by being good to your body!

The human body is the only equipment which breaks down if it isnt used...!!!
    xxx
    dont lose heartx
  • weezy8150
    weezy8150 Posts: 21
    Options
    Also try splitting your meals into 6 smaller ones daily...that way your metabolism stays revved up and you are constantly burning calories. When you skip meals, or skimp on them, the body stops burning, and adjusts itself to what you give it....so be sure your calories are enough since your exercise is intense.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    we'd need a LOT more info before we could draw any informed conclusions.

need all the details, height, weight, activity level, exercise amounts/types, medical conditions, goal calories, what your end goal is...etc.

basically everything.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My husband was having trouble losing, his calories were too low, and I kept telling him that he needed more, and to add a snack in between lunch and dinner.

Once he did that, he is starting to lose now.
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    There are various reasons that could cause this....hard to know without knowing a lot about you. I have found the following to be pretty common but don't know if they apply to you. Some people don't eat enough...so make sure you eat the exercise calories. Some folks perform the identical workout so the body is used to it. Keep changing it up. try doing something different each day. keep the body guessing.
  • BornNRaised
    Options
    1. get a check up 2. get thyroid check 3. right everything down 4. must have calories and carbs in balance to loose weight. 5. must exercise.

I wasn't eating breakfast and sometimes lunch and then eating a big meal. I'm now diabetic and have to eat. AND I'm loosing weight.
  • tazlady
    tazlady Posts: 60
    Options
    you need to take a break your body is used to the challenge.. workout only 4 days try two days with weight training and some cardio other two with just cardio.. see if that helps maybe watch your sodium good luck
  • tazlady
    tazlady Posts: 60
    Options
    also try eating small meals every 3 or 4 hours througout the day. last mean at 7 pm nothing after that.. maybe green tea .. good luck also get the book 3 hour diet by george cruise.. see if it makes sense for you.. :smile: