Pills/Supplements

Options
Just wondering your thoughts on dieting pills and any personal experiences with them? Do they actually do anything? Are they worth using as part of a diet and exercise regime?

Replies

• Babalaila
    Options
    I use Hydroxycut from Muscletech. But just one pill before my workout. Use it purely for the extra energy during the workout..and it does wonders for my allergies
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Most boxes of pills will say "this, along with a calorie reduced diet will help you lose weight . Save your money.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've tried several different ones over the years before I found MFP. I never found anything that worked. Hydroxycut made me sick (I think it was the caffeine) and I tried Lipozene with no result whatsoever. Alli never did anything either. If you add it up that's a lot of money spent on what might as well have been sugar pills. Just eat right and exercise, and save your money.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
  • lisablah
    Options
    When I decided it was time to lose weight, I was prescribed duromine, I only took them for the first 4 weeks and then I started 4 days a week with a personal trainer and she had nothing but bad things to say about everything diet pills so I only used one month of the 3 month prescription, but I'm someone who LOVES food, I found using duromine was a good kick start to controlling my eating, my energy levels were alot higher than usual and I spent the first 4 weeks having to force myself to eat, the down side of using this drug was I just couldn't sleep properly and I always seemed to have a dull headache. I don't regret using this at the start because I'm not sure I would have done so well controlling my eating without it, but it's not something I would recommentd over the long term.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    magic beans. They are $3,500 per pill. I am in possession of the last bag of them on Earth. Shhhh.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    At best, they work about the same as Dumbo's Magic Feather.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    At best, they work about the same as Dumbo's Magic Feather.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Take a good multi vitamin, or B12 if you MUST take something.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There aren't any good pills anymore, not without a prescription. Most of the ones that I've tried just make me nauseous. I think it's just as cheap to buy a case of Red Bull. It works better than most of the OTC pills they have out now. I agree on the B12. B12 is good stuff.