Whats your daily fat allowance set at ?

Options
Hi there.
Im doing my usual review of my calorie and allowances, for the week. Im personally on a 1200 - 1350 cals per day. Still got aprox 40lbs left to loose. I do not use the preset nutrition targets, as I like to intake 100-120 grams of protein, per day, as I do a lot of gym work. I set my fat at 25 grams. Just want to know what other folk set theirs at ?

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Low.

I have protein set high - however my protein is really in grams as with yours (around 165), which means throws the rest out as far as percentages go.

Not too worried by fat or carbs really.

I generally burn 750-1500 calories over the fairly sedentary setting on MFP, so have to add those back on which messes with the settings.

Generally ignore the 'targets', providing the numbers at the bottom don't look too bad.
    Just checked back and actually I'm often not THAT far off the fat target as it goes!
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've set mine to 40%carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein but I keep a separate track of my saturated fat and try not to go over 15g/ day on that. I'm happy if my protein levels for the day are in the 80 or 90g range. I would struggle to eat more protein as I don't use protein shakes and I am on 1380cals/ day. I've got 30-35 lbs left to lose.
  • leslieirving1970
    leslieirving1970 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Excellent , thanks for that.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    65% Fat, 20% Protein, 15% Carb.

You asked ;)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Mine is 45, probably a default setting of MFP. I rarely ever hit it.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    Im doing my usual review of my calorie and allowances, for the week. Im personally on a 1200 - 1350 cals per day. Still got aprox 40lbs left to loose. I do not use the preset nutrition targets, as I like to intake 100-120 grams of protein, per day, as I do a lot of gym work. I set my fat at 25 grams. Just want to know what other folk set theirs at ?

50 carbs
    30 protein
    20 fat
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    50, 25, 25
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    A good target is .35 to .4 grams per lb of body weight. Higher is better than lower in general and within reason.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    65% fat 30%protein 5% carbohydrate.

Working great!
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    30/45/25
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    50 carbs, 30 fat, 20 protein.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    40% / 20% / 40%
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    Calories: 1700 + exercise
    weight: 120lb
    height: 5'7
    protein: 100+exercise
    fat: 66 + exercise.

Reasoning: You need to be able to absorb vitamins and many of them are fat soluble. I exercise, I don't have a faty this and that.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    25-30% Carbs
    45-40% Protein
    30% Fat