gallbladder sutures

Options
Just had my gallbladder removed 1 week 5 days and still in pain .. i can barely walk having pain in my right side feels like a sharp pain with a cramp so i cant stand the pain and have to lay down and drink my pain medicines..... Doc says that i have sutures in that area ... so that's pain i feel he says...... Is this normal?...... Has anybody have this pain? Or should i be alarmed?

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Just had my gallbladder removed 1 week 5 days and still in pain .. i can barely walk having pain in my right side feels like a sharp pain with a cramp so i cant stand the pain and have to lay down and drink my pain medicines..... Doc says that i have sutures in that area ... so that's pain i feel he says...... Is this normal?...... Has anybody have this pain? Or should i be alarmed?

i had my gallbladder removed too.. and this does not sound normal at all.. i was sore after my surgery for a few days but that is all no sharp pains. maybe you have an infection??
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This does not sound normal to me either. I did not have any pain after the first 3 days post op. maybe you should return to your Dr.
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    depends on whether you had the laproscopic procedure,or the open procedure.I had the laproscopic one,and was hanging clothes on the line the next day.gas pain was the biggest issue
  • LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was back at work a week after my op and felt fine - I had a laparoscopy
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, this does not sound normal.