Hello new girl here looking for motivational friends

Options
Hiya I am 20 years old 5ft 2 and 151lb hoping to get down to 126lb (9Stone within a healthy bmi) before my 21st birthday. I would be so greatful to have some friends on here so we can motivate eachother and reach our goals. I am fairly active I have recently started running! and im starting Jillian Michaels 30day shred (it works!) i have currently only lost 3lb but i have lost 5" from my waist already V.happy. Please feel free to add. Good luck with your goals every one!! x

Replies

• lauramcfarlane1994
    Options
    Hey, we have exactly the same start weight and weight goal, maybe we can motivate each other? When's your 21st?
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    No way!! Thats amazing!! Its 26th of feb so 4 months away but any weight lost before then is progress :D and I am determinded to get there lol. It would be great if we could motivate eachother!!
  • gdogra
    gdogra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Always ready to motivate and be motivated :) Welcome to MFP and all the best for your weight loss journey :)
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hey, we are around the same weight and height! I'm looking to get to my goal weight of 125ish in a few months although it'll probably be after my 21st (which is coming up in late Nov =C) But I'd be happy to be a motivational friend! :)
  • peach688
    peach688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ive started the 30 day shred but i didnt continue maybe that was when i didnt finish anything lol. maybe ill try it again! good luck im excited to see your progress!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hiya I am 20 years old 5ft 2 and 151lb hoping to get down to 126lb (9Stone within a healthy bmi) before my 21st birthday. I would be so greatful to have some friends on here so we can motivate eachother and reach our goals. I am fairly active I have recently started running! and im starting Jillian Michaels 30day shred (it works!) i have currently only lost 3lb but i have lost 5" from my waist already V.happy. Please feel free to add. Good luck with your goals every one!! x

Good girl. :) I'm 5'1" and I started at over 170lbs, I lost 60 lbs at age 50, I've been maintaining for over a year, almost 52 now.

Anyone can do it. Great that you are working out. Workout (especially weights) to make your lean body mass pretty for when the fat is gone. You will lose fat faster than you will build lean body mass (females), you can't out exercise too many calories. Best of luck to you!
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    feel free to add me.....
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    New myself, checking things out. STAY-N-DA-GAME
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    I have done up to 10days but then sustained an injury so had to have time out but 30day shred was amazing i lost so many inches from my waist and hips!!! starting it up again tomorrow!
  • Lily26Wal
    Options

Good girl. :) I'm 5'1" and I started at over 170lbs, I lost 60 lbs at age 50, I've been maintaining for over a year, almost 52 now.

Anyone can do it. Great that you are working out. Workout (especially weights) to make your lean body mass pretty for when the fat is gone. You will lose fat faster than you will build lean body mass (females), you can't out exercise too many calories. Best of luck to you!

Thankyou hunni that is incredible you are truely an inspiration! go you!! thankyou for the advice
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    ive started the 30 day shred but i didnt continue maybe that was when i didnt finish anything lol. maybe ill try it again! good luck im excited to see your progress!!

I have done up to 11days but then sustained an injury so had to have time out but 30day shred was amazing i lost so many inches from my waist and hips!!! starting it up again tomorrow! you will see change in no time with that! plus you see a huge difference in your fitness! first day i did it my legs gave way trying to go down the stairs lol. 10thday i was like ' i might go for a run after' lol. enjoy!!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is joy I have been logging on here for quite a while now and I would say this site has been life changing for me. It has totally changed my approach to food and working out. I have always tried to keep active and in the past have used gyms. When I joined MFP I had just started running but with the encouragement of my friends on here the running just went from strength to strength. I also found lifting heavy I had done some lifting before but quite light weights. I am currently following jamie Eason,s live fit programme and in 4 weeks can see a major change in my body. I have lost 24lb with MFP and 6 lb on my own before joining. I am thrilled as I am 41 and have 3 kids. feel free to add me. I log every day and workout 6 days a week.
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is joy I have been logging on here for quite a while now and I would say this site has been life changing for me. It has totally changed my approach to food and working out. I have always tried to keep active and in the past have used gyms. When I joined MFP I had just started running but with the encouragement of my friends on here the running just went from strength to strength. I also found lifting heavy I had done some lifting before but quite light weights. I am currently following jamie Eason,s live fit programme and in 4 weeks can see a major change in my body. I have lost 24lb with MFP and 6 lb on my own before joining. I am thrilled as I am 41 and have 3 kids. feel free to add me. I log every day and workout 6 days a week.

Its also worked so well for me I try to log everything i eat and drink but i dont log all my exercise. I am 25lb down since August 28th. I have found this to much better than any slimming clubs etc. If you keep at it and motivated you will succeed.
  • aloraferrara11
    aloraferrara11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey. Im 18 and i love fitness. Im 5'8'' and currently 118. I'd like to gain some more muscle and i do insanity everyday. I stopped for awhile but I'm starting it again today. I also run 4 miles on the beach! I slowed down on the running for awhile, but I plan on running again in about a week after I focus more on insanity. Anyone wanting to befriend me or who is motivated like me, don't be afraid to message me! :)