103 lbs. lost but 50 lbs. more to lose

Options
Smokey19
Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
I lost this wt. in a yr. I, like all of you, have had ups and downs along this healthy lifestyle journey. I'd lose wt. and then plateau, lose more and then plateau, etc. I would slip into my old habits of emotional eating or raiding the fridge in the evenings. Right now I am in a plateau and I can't really exercise due to just having major abdominal surgery. No lifting for 6 wks. I am going to continue cooking and cleaning the house, but taking it easy for a while. I can go walking, but I am going to wait till I see my surgeon Wednesday to find out exactly what I can do. I started this wt. loss journey due to my doctor telling me that I would die if I didn't lose wt. and he was serious. I had a heart attack that required open heart surgery to bypass 5 totally clogged arteries when I was only 44...4 yrs. ago. I also had uncontrolled insulin dependent diabetes, sleep apnea, asthma, arthritis, neuropathy, retinopathy....and a lot more health issues. I am now off insulin and am taking oral meds to control my blood sugar and I know that when I lose the next 50 lbs. I will probably be taken off the oral meds, too. My starting wt. was 304 lbs. and I am never going to see that number ever again. I do suffer from major depression and PTSD and have taken meds for that and am in wkly. group counseling which has helped a lot. Feel free to add me for support and motivation. If I can do this, you can too. I truly feel like I can help anyone along their journey and feel free to message me anytime. I don't work due to my health issues, so I am always close to my computer and will answer any message.

Replies

• StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss. keep going, you can do it. be gentle with yourself.
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment you have made already! Keep it up!!!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger........great inspiration
  • joodles821
    joodles821 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amazing...keep it up!!
  • somemansdream
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You faced a lot of challenges and still came out the other side a winner. Any advice for someone who's been doing this road a billioin times? Good luck on the rest of it & I hope recovery goes fast for you. Debbie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!