Weight gain

Options
Just had a hernia operation 2 days ago. I went in at 202 pounds and came out at 208 pounds. It's been 2 days and still the same. The doctors office says it caused by swelling and water. Can any one help. It taken a lot of work losing this weight and I really don't want to gain weight when it's not in my control. Has anyone heard of anything like this and how long will it last.

Replies

• Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If it's water weight it will disappear but it may take a week or two. Drink lots of water. If after a week you're still not losing it call your doctor and ask him to prescribe a mild diuretic.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Your body weight naturally fluctuates from day to day, and 2lbs is certainly within the range of normal fluctuation. I expect when you had surgery, they pumped you with IV fluids. So yes, it is most likely water weight. Give it a week.
  • dengill7318
    dengill7318 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help. Ill give it a week
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, you just had surgery. I hope everything turned out okay. Just recover and re-cooperate then get back on it later. It's not always about the numbers
  • Bella_Bea
    Bella_Bea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My Mum had just had that done too. I would say try not to worry about it and just get yourself better! Hope you feel better soon.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I had surgery last month. I was on lots of fluids and medications because of complications after the surgery. I gained weight during my hospital stay. It was water weight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you just had surgery, chances are you had an IV during the procedure. IVs are pretty much a bag of salt water. Relax and recover.