I need more food. . . . Calories

Options
Hi Everyone.

I need to eat some extra calories today. My calorie intake without exercise is 1380. I worked out and burned about 470 today. Currently I am at like 600 calories I still need to eat. Can anyone suggest to me 2 300 calorie snacks I could find. Please keep in mind I am already at work, and will be here until 8pm. Thanks.

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on... anything!!!!
  • cheriba
    cheriba Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maybe a low carb/high protien bar. They really fill you up.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Is there any particular reason why your snacks need to be 300 calories? Are you looking for things you can find in vending machines, or can you go the store and pick something up?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you can dash to a local grocery store on your lunch break, you'll have an entire smorgasbord open to you for snacks! At that point, it's just a matter of making a healthy choice.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Is there any particular reason why your snacks need to be 300 calories? Are you looking for things you can find in vending machines, or can you go the store and pick something up?

well I have a Price Chopper downstairs from work, and I wanted to divide up the 600 calories into two snacks through the day, as I know I will get a mean case of the munchies after I have eatten my dinner (I always get like that on Tues Wed when I work till 8pm - not so muich when I'm at home after dinner though).

So I was looking for a low cal snack for after dinner and another I could have with lunch.

For Lunch I am havnig 1 cup of Cambpells Gardennay Lentil soup

and

For dinner I am having 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of romain lettuce w 1/4 avocado, 12 cherry tomatoes, 1/8th cup of slivered almonds, with 3 oz of broiled salmon and a home made balsamic dressing (just balsamic and evoo).

I have already had 3/4 cup of no fat cottage cheese for morning snack and am having a royal gala apple for mid afternoon snack.

Thanks everyone!
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    Yeah, if you can dash to a local grocery store on your lunch break, you'll have an entire smorgasbord open to you for snacks! At that point, it's just a matter of making a healthy choice.

Oh!!!!!!!!! Bring on the shmorgasbord Drborkbork
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    If you can only hit a vending machine, I don't know what to tell you:-0 but if you can stop by a grocery store or even convenience store on a break for a few minutes...split into two snacks: two pouches/or small cans of salmon, chicken, or turkey; a couple of cheese sticks, two pieces of fruit (apple and banana), and single-serve low-sugar yogurt, and a can of low-sodium vegetable juice. 600 good-stuff calories.

I keep an 'emergency kit' in the back of my truck. Its a small plastic tub with plastic forks, small vacuum pouches of a protein like salmon or chicken, a couple of Trio or Bora Bora bars, some Golden Valley organic grass-fed beef jerky (I know...chick eats beef jerky?), pre-bagged almonds and walnuts (vacuum packed so they don't go bad)..stuff like that. My husband says if we break down we could survive for a week.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Cheerios, only 100 calories for 3/4 cup. They taste delicious, hit that chocolate craving and you can having multiple servings to fill you up! I also like the Special K cereals (chocolately delight and cinnamon pecan) at only 110 calories for 3/4 cup for a snack. Apples w/peanut butter is also a good, filling snack.
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Yum! Just read what you are having for lunch and dinner!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I would stick with (3) 200 calorie snacks instead...every time you eat you rev up your metabolism and it is best to eat smaller meals.

Greek yogurt with fruit (berries are best)
    Whole wheat bread slice with peanut butter and berries on the side
    Carrots with hummus
    Protein bar
    Apple with peanut butter
    Natural applesauce cup with string cheese
    0% or 1% Cottage cheese with almonds
    Cup of skim milk with cocoa powder or protein powder
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    1 medium apple & 1 medium banana = 190 calories. Add a bunch of water to that fiber and it'll fill you up.
    1 cup whole milk = 190 calories. Nice balance of carbs, fats, and proteins.
    Stay on the edges of the supermarket if you go. Get fresh things and you'll have a healthier snack. Avoid the procesed stuff in the middle.
  • MirandaJayne
    Options
    So thank you everyone. This is what I ended up getting. 1 Med banana to go with lunch. I also go Kashi Chewy Granola Bar - Peanut Peanut Butter.

You can check them out in my food diary.