EGGWHITES!!!!!

Hey everyone i need help with this. So i am going to be getting the eggwhites that are in like the container like it kind of looks like a little milk container its not the eggwhites you have to like take out of the egg yourself. so what i need to know is this like is 1 serving of eggwhites 1 egg white.

Replies

• esl269
    esl269 Posts: 29 Member
    It will say on the carton. "2 TBSP = 1 egg white". Something to that effect.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Why not just eat an actual egg?
  • I would say it's cheaper to just get an egg white separator. You can get one real cheap.

It really helps with my breakfast. 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, with 2 sausage patties. Makes for a low calorie (252 to be exact) meal that gives me protein and sustenance. More than enough to last until lunch if I'm not able to eat a healthy snack in between.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    It shouldn't matter how much equals an eggwhite. You should be measuring it out to get the amount of protein you need, not eggwhites.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    I would say it's cheaper to just get an egg white separator. You can get one real cheap.

It really helps with my breakfast. 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, with 2 sausage patties. Makes for a low calorie (252 to be exact) meal that gives me protein and sustenance. More than enough to last until lunch if I'm not able to eat a healthy snack in between.
    I actually find egg whites cheaper than eggs. That might be a matter of where one lives, though. I can get the equivalent of 16 egg whites for under $3, and 18 whole eggs for $5.

My carton is 2 egg whites = 1/4 cup of the liquid. That would even out to 2 TBSP per egg white.
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    It shouldn't matter how much equals an eggwhite. You should be measuring it out to get the amount of protein you need, not eggwhites.

Unless it's needed for a recipe.
  • kodijhill
    kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
    use your self to seperate the white i dont use a seperator at all and i take the yokes and give it to my dogs so that they get shiny coats to
  • Use scales. On average one egg white weighs 37 grams (based on 120 eggs medium or mixed size).
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Huh?
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    If you're trying to figure out serving size of Egg Beaters, it says on the carton 3 tbsp = 1 egg
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Yup, container will tell you. I prefer egg whites myself, especially over Egg Beaters which just seem too fake for me. For an omelet I can do one egg and 3-4T egg whites, much nicer consistency and lower cholesterol which I don't need.
  • I actually find egg whites cheaper than eggs. That might be a matter of where one lives, though. I can get the equivalent of 16 egg whites for under $3, and 18 whole eggs for $5.

My carton is 2 egg whites = 1/4 cup of the liquid. That would even out to 2 TBSP per egg white.

Yeah, it depends on where you live. Here, buying an actual carton of 18 eggs is just over $2. Cost effective for me.