runners, light up shoes?

Options
Is it just me or would sports brands make a killing if they did those trainers with lights on them in grown up sizes (for nighttime runs)? Or am I just a big kid who wants "magic trainers" lol

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I want light up shoes too! My feet are small enough that I might be able to find kids' shoes that fit, but I'd have to look hard.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    you are not the only big kid, but for me its the lelly kelly shoes that i want so i can get the free leg warmers with secret pocket. (yes i had to sit through a morning of kids tv programes with adverts last week, they got to to me)
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Didn't LA Gear used to make them for adults?
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've got this into my head and the big kid inside is now demanding light up trainers! I think they'd be great for the dark evenings safety-wise.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    I wantr some and I'm not even a runner. Size 9, preferably gray...and Christmas is right around the corner..hint.
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    LA Gear still makes them for adults, in some pretty sweet colors. Sadly, if I tried to run in them, I'd be limping by mile 2. They may be "tennies" but they're not "runners".

I use a velcro closure retroreflective strap around my ankle, and affix little bike lights to my ankles. I was assured by some very kind walkers in the neighborhood that I was visible even with the LEDs turned around pointing in funny directions (when the straps are tight enough to stay, they chafe - I'm still working out the details). Sadly, I've not been able to find any dynamo powered ones, just watch battery powered ones.

I've long thought that if a serious shoe company put dynamo powered lights in actual running shoes (not just "tennies") they would make a fortune. I'm hoping NB does it, 'cause I like the way they fit, but Mizuno or Saucony would do too.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It would be great in real running shoes and I think we need light up tights and jackets too. One of my Dailymile friends belongs to a running club and they buy the battery powered strings of Xmas lights and put them on themselves to go for an annual Xmas run!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options