EGGWHITES!!!!!

Options
Hey everyone i need help with this. So i am going to be getting the eggwhites that are in like the container like it kind of looks like a little milk container its not the eggwhites you have to like take out of the egg yourself. so what i need to know is this like is 1 serving of eggwhites 1 egg white.

Replies

• esl269
    esl269 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It will say on the carton. "2 TBSP = 1 egg white". Something to that effect.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat an actual egg?
  • LanceWindu
    Options
    I would say it's cheaper to just get an egg white separator. You can get one real cheap.

It really helps with my breakfast. 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, with 2 sausage patties. Makes for a low calorie (252 to be exact) meal that gives me protein and sustenance. More than enough to last until lunch if I'm not able to eat a healthy snack in between.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter how much equals an eggwhite. You should be measuring it out to get the amount of protein you need, not eggwhites.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I would say it's cheaper to just get an egg white separator. You can get one real cheap.

It really helps with my breakfast. 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, with 2 sausage patties. Makes for a low calorie (252 to be exact) meal that gives me protein and sustenance. More than enough to last until lunch if I'm not able to eat a healthy snack in between.
    I actually find egg whites cheaper than eggs. That might be a matter of where one lives, though. I can get the equivalent of 16 egg whites for under $3, and 18 whole eggs for $5.

My carton is 2 egg whites = 1/4 cup of the liquid. That would even out to 2 TBSP per egg white.
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter how much equals an eggwhite. You should be measuring it out to get the amount of protein you need, not eggwhites.

Unless it's needed for a recipe.
  • kodijhill
    kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    use your self to seperate the white i dont use a seperator at all and i take the yokes and give it to my dogs so that they get shiny coats to
  • nevermore99
    Options
    Use scales. On average one egg white weighs 37 grams (based on 120 eggs medium or mixed size).
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to figure out serving size of Egg Beaters, it says on the carton 3 tbsp = 1 egg
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yup, container will tell you. I prefer egg whites myself, especially over Egg Beaters which just seem too fake for me. For an omelet I can do one egg and 3-4T egg whites, much nicer consistency and lower cholesterol which I don't need.
  • LanceWindu
    Options
    I actually find egg whites cheaper than eggs. That might be a matter of where one lives, though. I can get the equivalent of 16 egg whites for under $3, and 18 whole eggs for $5.

My carton is 2 egg whites = 1/4 cup of the liquid. That would even out to 2 TBSP per egg white.

Yeah, it depends on where you live. Here, buying an actual carton of 18 eggs is just over $2. Cost effective for me.