In my 30's and ready to buckle down

Options
I am 31 years old and have a husband and 3 boys. I have tried all sorts of diets, but never stick with them. I am tired of always having weight issues and not feeling comfortable in my own skin. My issue with sticking with a diet and exercise routine is that I have no one to encourage me to keep doing it. I really want to feel confident again in my own body and be able to wear all the clothes that I have that are doing nothing but hanging in my closet collecting dust. I also have a real big problem with sugar cravings especially at night.

Replies

• violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined this site not to try and lose weight but to try and get tone & definition back, as I want the body I had in my early twenties back. I too have trouble sticking to things without motivation. I started a routine of 30 Day Shred last week, and Butt Bible two days ago, along with a 2.5 mile walk each day, along with trying to really be mindful of what I'm eating & trying to come up with healthy snacks that still satisfy those cravings.

What routines are you currently using? This website has many wonderful groups, and I find it really helps a lot if you find a group doing your same exercise dvd or workout routine. That way you get encouragement from those who are right there beside you pulling through, as well as tips or advice. It also helps keep the challenge down for me, as I don't want to have to log in & admit that I finally skipped a day or gave up.
  • emmaosbourne
    Options
    I am 34 and I feel the same way Amy. I have been using this for a week now. And I love it. I have it on my iPhone and to be honest; so far it's been the best program I've used yet. I have been on Jenny Craig(alot of money), the Atkins Diet and have tried all types of ways to lose weight. When I started this last week I was 203lbs. This morning I weighted in at 196.6. I am 5'6 so that's alot of weight for me however I was so excited to see that little weight come off in a week. The my fitness helps me to manage my calories and exercise that i take in daily. I think that's they key just being aware of everything we are eating daily. I LOVE IT already. KIT AND GOOD LUCK
  • txgirlbikerchick
    txgirlbikerchick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi all. im 36 and in same boat. i have always kept my profile private and only logged some food 2 summers ago, but thot it wld help to commit all the way. i work in technogy so spending more time on a elec. device is not the best, but thot it wld help me stay on track. Hugs to all.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    This site is great. Log everything you put in ur mouth, exercise get out and move as much as you can, get rest, drink water (keeps you full and rids your body of toxins), try to eat protein with every meal (this too will keep u full) get rid of anything that is not healthy, plan ur meals. Get a partner to exercise with if u can, this helps. Know that if u have one bad day it's not the end of the world, just do better the next day. Take picures to keep u motivated as u lose. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, been on here since August. I have lost 14 pounds so far, feel free to add me if you like.
  • CorrieLC
    CorrieLC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too 31 weight problems all my life I am okay not being thin but I want to be in shape and healthy and my weight will regulate itself I think I just need lots of encouragement and a big kick in the *kitten*
  • LauraB987
    LauraB987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 33 years old and a mother of two, one is two years old the other two months and I am ready to claim my body back :smile: . My husband is still tossing the idea of having a third, but I am pretty sure that I am finished and I want to feel good about myself again. I see all of these girls around me who have had children and just bounce back immediately and it drives me crazy. I just want my husband to like what he sees. He has never said he doesn't, and I am sure it is my own insecurities, but I have decided now is the time! I have been here 5 days and I am truly gaining a new perspective on my diet and how many calories I was eating. I don't have a lot of time to exercise with working full time (opposite schedule from my hubby and caring for my two little ones), but I know I can start out by just watching my diet and as things get easier at home I can fit in my workouts more often.

Good luck to you!!! Hopefully we will all reach our goals soon!!!
  • Bikkii_
    Options
    Hello! I am 32, overweight most of my life. I rarely exercise, and sit at a desk all day. Six years ago I was diagnosed with type II diabetes. Took a couple of years to start doing things right. I had originally lost 90 lbs, but sadly gained 30 back. Recently found this app and lost 10 lbs...feel free to add me as a friend. Can use all the support and advice I can get. Any fellow diabetics out there?
  • hrmcphee
    hrmcphee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 35 and have 15 pounds to lose. I've been calorie tracking for about a month using MFP, and my husband and I started the Insanity program three weeks ago. I need some MFP friends as well for motivation! Please friend me if you wish and we can motivate each other!
  • 3smommy2008
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm a 32-year old wife and mother of a 4 yo boy and an almost 2 yo girl. I have 116 more to lose. We can totally do this!!
  • PK95
    PK95 Posts: 21
    Options
    I just added you as a friend. 35 yr old mother of two little boys.
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am 34, 3 kids and a hubby. I have already lost 15 lbs and needing to lose another 20. I will send you a request.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i started this journey when i was 34 and now, 2 + years into it, i have kept off my 40lbs and i have never felt better in my life! all it took was diet, exercise and a whole lot of willpower. the beginning is the hardest by far. once you start to see and feel the weight coming off (getting in to smaller sizes), it gets easier. every day is a challenge but i truly feel that if someone wants it bad enough... they can do it. good luck on your journey.

by the way - those late night sweet cravings are ok just make good choices. eat an apple and some peanut butter or a fiber one 90 calorie brownie. something like that...