Anyone using the Phone App Pedometers and how do you like it

Options
I see a couple of phone app pedometers - Runtastic and Striv Smart that link with MFP. I was wondering if you are using either of these and if so, how you like it. Also, are you using it on a Droid or IPhone? Thanks for the feedback.

Replies

• raaeft1
    raaeft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am using Runstatic Pedometer Pro on my IPhone.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper on my droid to track running and walking. Really like it and it is very easy to use and best of all it is free!
  • NoCoolUsername
    NoCoolUsername Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo, I like it and as it automatically uploads my walks/runs and bike rides it works well for me
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for striiv, but Map My Walk seems to be pretty accurate
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I dont use the MFP phone app. I prefer the Micoach by adidas ...works great and never have any problems with it and it is also free of charge.

Micoach has an awesome website that it links to. definitely recommend it for keeping up with your exercise-much better than MFP.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I've used it and love it.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple of them, but as soon as you use an app which makes use of the iPhone's GPS, especially for a walk of more han an hour - bye bye battery power. Now use a fitbit.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have mapmywalk and runkeeper, but I find mapmywalk to be a much more accurate GPS, and it has the added bonus that it doesn't have to be open to measure, so it doesn't eat my battery like runkeeper. Keeping runkeeper for now, tho, as I'm using it to train for a half marathon. Neither links with myfitnesspal, but my bodymedia fit is linkable and I don't have it linked because I don't like the way they change each other's info.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I tried the runtastic one for droid, and I think it's a waste.

Drains battery and counts steps even when I'm not moving.

I use Endomondo while running, and I like that one a lot.. but there is no pedometer function.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    MAPMYRUN is the easiest and very accurate. it does biking,walking, running and hiking. if you but your phone on standby it stills works and doesnt use your battery.
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use the RunKeeper app for the iPhone. The calories burned are close to the calories burned with my HRM.