Looking for friends!

Options
Good afternoon!

I’ve been using MFP for just over two months and can’t say enough positive things about this program. I’m down over 30 pounds and can see changes to my body almost daily.

I travel for a living, driving nearly 90k miles a years across 10-12 states. So it’s not the most conducive conditions for living a healthy lifestyle. And like many of you I’m sure, it’s hard to stay motivated at times. Especially when people in your life don’t share the same focus.

I’d love to find some friends on MFP in the areas that I travel regularly with the hopes that we can provide each other encouragement, as well as keep each other focused, share tips, recipes, etc.

The following areas are some of my regular haunts:
Des Moines, Ia
Wichita, Ks
Sioux Falls, SD
Champagne, Il
Rensselaer, In
Memphis, Tn
Plus points in between! Lol

I wish you all health and fitness goals that are easily in your reach!

Take care,
Shawn

Replies

• Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am likely the opposite of what you are looking for but feel free to friend me if you are looking for encouragement! I'm in NYC working from my windowless basement with few opportunities to hit the road. But I am working MFP every day and striving to get to new fitness heights. Travel safe!
  • adellanno64
    Options
    I'm not sure how best to use this site - like adding friends? Anyway, Just started but am excited to learn the mistakes I have been making with eating - definitely don't realize how much calories I've been taking in - bought a Hybrid bike this year and joined a bike club to get myself "out there". Rode 22 miles the other night but now the weather is rainy - so worked with home exercises - I liked seeing the negative calories taken when I add in my exercise - makes me feel better.
  • Jimmiller82
    Jimmiller82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody. I started this account a couple months ago but never really stayed with it. I would work out and diet, but never stayed with this program. My mother-in-law uses it and swears by it. I'm looking to start working out and diet again and was looking for some online friends who can keep me accountable and pushing forward.
    Best of luck to everybody and hope we can help eachother onto a better lifestyle.
  • uma7891
    Options
    Hi every body,
    Iam Uma Here from India. Iam 27 yrs old and in 79 Kgs now. I have started seriously working out at my frame since this september and iam now 79 from 84 kgs.

lokking for frens to motivate me through the journey of losing 30kgs down the lane. any like minded peoplke with serious intentions can add me .....:smile:
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    hey, I'm in Iowa! add me :)
  • ToriiXx
    ToriiXx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi

My name is Deanna and I've been using this app for a few months, but I never really stuck with it. I think that having some friends would help to keep me accountable, so feel free to add me everyone :)