Toast - Good or bad?

Options
Hi,
I'm a toast lover and i was wondering how bad it is for you really. I have seeded wholewheat bread (hovis seed sensations) with low fat flora spread and marmite. Is it okay to eat even if i am counting the cals?

Replies

• BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump because I was wondering as well!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Sure toast is good for you!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I think the whole grain toast is all right, but the spread doesn't sound like it contributes much. Cheese or nut butter would give you some protein; you could also put an egg on top. Cheese, egg, and toast is pretty tasty!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    :sad: Why would toast be bad for you? Just don't eat a whole loaf of it smothered in lard - that would be bad....
    And the margarine and marmite makes it taste good and give you the salty, crunchy taste for little calories and low fat, so go for it! I LOVE Marmite!!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Just be careful, because, when you drop it, it always lands butter-side down. The five second rule doesn't apply when that happens.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal toast is good for you. But most types of toast such as white are not a big deal, im sure you'll lose weight if you ate toast everyday for breakfast. I eat toast almost everyday and im still alive :)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Why would toast be bad? Did I miss a memo? Seriously, it's exactly as nutritious as the bread you make it from and what you put on it.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    So good.

(Well... not sure about the low fat flora part... butter + marmalade for me :drinker: )
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Alot of people fail a diet because they make it very stricked. Bread is a good source of fibre , unless your eating a whole loaf of bread then it is bad. lol
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I used to eat way too much buttered toast, and in that sense eating six slices a day is bad. I cut bread out for a good while until I improved myself and my control. I've found I really enjoy the crunchy wheaty texture of toast the best, similar to cakes and cookies, etc, which I was missing a bit. Pickly tasting dark rye bread is my favourite at the moment, topped with some lingonberry jam.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I used to eat way too much buttered toast, and in that sense eating six slices a day is bad. I cut bread out for a good while until I improved myself and my control. I've found I really enjoy the crunchy wheaty texture of toast the best, similar to cakes and cookies, etc, which I was missing a bit. Pickly tasting dark rye bread is my favourite at the moment, topped with some lingonberry jam.
    Pumpernickel with raw honey is my favorite. It spreads like peanut butter. Actually, I'm thinking about having some right now.