:(

Options
Just when I feel like I've been having a great week, I hurt myself. Seems as though I've pulled something in my foot and my trainer says I have to stay off it for a couple days in order for it to heal properly.
Do you guys have any advice for staying motivated? Typically when I get hurt I get lazy or stop caring about what I eat... how do I stay in my positive zone?

Replies

• MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    My advice would be to to keep at it. Don't just be inactive for the next few days. Do some sort of activity that you can do without putting all your weight on yoru feet. Try diong some stability ball exercises for the upper body, swimming, riding the stationary bike, abdominal exercises, resistance training for the upper body, or nwb resistance training for the lower body. Just because you can't use your feet doesn't mean you can't move or exercise. Stay motivated, keep with your diet, and keep moving. Just be smart about it and let pain be your guide. If it's hurting your foot to ride the stationary bike, try swimming or doing stability ball exercises. Hope this helps. Ice your foot and keep going. Good luck!
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Do some upper body weight-lifting work where you can stay seated or lie down (triceps, chest, shoulders, back, biceps) and some abdominal work. Split that up into two days (triceps, chest, and shoulders one day; back and biceps the next) until you heal up.

You won't burn as many calories, but you definitely won't be lazy doing the above.

:)