Halloween: Last year verses this year (pictures)

Options
I couldn't find a designated thread for everyone to post before and after Halloween pics, so if there isn't one already active, please feel free to post your pics here!

I am unsure of how much I weighed last year around Halloween time, but I estimate that I weighed somewhere between 190-195 lbs.. This year and last year, I went to a giant festival where they close down a large portion of the downtown area of Madison, WI called FreakFest and it's lots of fun to see all the different costumes. Last year I went as a character from the show Adventure Time, and a random stranger called me a whale. It really hurt my feelings (and that was before I gained even more weight after the holidays).
This year, I went as the character Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and weigh 165 lbs. No one called me names this year. :smile:

Here are my before and after pics (front and back):
Halloween11vs12.jpg

halloween11vs12-back.jpg

Replies

• ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Happy Halloween.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You look cute in both!
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You are a cutie in both for sure :smile: :wink:
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    You look adorable! That guy was an *kitten*! Great job on your weight loss! :drinker:
  • Tiale54
    Options
    You look very BEAUTIFUL :D i love your hair!!
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    WTF you don't look like a whale AT ALL in that picture.... People can be so cruel.......

You are adorable in BOTH pics! Congrats! Happy Halloween!
  • dasskinny
    Options
    agreee that person was an *kitten*! but you look awesome!! congrats!!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    161mdf.jpg

Sadly, this wasn't at my largest either. I actually weigh similar on the scale in both pictures, but now I'm just a lot more toned.

Also, on a side note, I want to slap my ex for encouraging me to go in public looking so gross! :P
    (The pic on the left is from three years ago.)
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I especially like the rear view! :love:
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You're so cute!! Whoever called you a whale was obviously blind! Congrats on your loss, amazing job!

Last year:

392474_10150343466171603_1318329441_n.jpg

This year:

25201798_6897.jpg
  • barberella
    Options
    Hey!! I was there last night..at Freakfest..I live here in Madison as well...and no, you didn't deserve to be called a whale, but there is a lot of rude a-holes down there who drink a little too much and run off at the mouth..F&^K them..Keep doing what you're doing!
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    O what a year makes.. Last year as a drunk mexican and this year with my wife of 10 years last night as Waldo. :)

35bb6td.jpg
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    First picture is from either Halloween of 2009 or 2010 (can't remember) and the Second picture is from two nights ago! :happy:

GetThumbnail.aspx?FileID=1033145&Thumbnail=Picture
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    O what a year makes.. Last year as a drunk mexican and this year with my wife of 10 years last night as Waldo. :)

35bb6td.jpg

Wow! You look awesome! And your wife is beautiful! Awesome loss Ryan!!
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @sarahbethrn18, THANKS! You have done an awesome job yourself. :)
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    Wow! Everyone looks great! I don't know about anyone else, but looking good for Halloween was one of my major goals. Good job people!

And thanks for the nice words everyone. I enjoyed and worked hard on my costume last year and I had a lot of fun being sparkly and girly this year. Eh and I think that guy just said that because he was drunk and was mad that I turned down his advance (I'm married!) but still, words can hurt.
    And you're right barberella, Madison festivities are fun but some people just suck at being drunk. On the upside, you get to meet some really cool people, too. I found one other girl dressed like me this year and she gave me a hug. I prefer friendly drinkers like myself. :wink:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your Pinkie Pie costume. :O And you look great!

d9Bud.jpg
    This was last year - I went as a hipster, lol.

on3G4.jpg
    And this is this year! :happy:
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. I love that you were Fiona. Seriously.
  • gally55
    Options
    well done you look fab
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    <---- My AVI pic here is from Friday night's Halloween party, I'm a 'Cutthroat Wench' (according to the costume package - it also said in small letters below that 'Feroz Muchacha'!).

Compare to last year's all-black 'Queen of the Masquerade Ball' which is buried in my profile pictures. I weighed about 270 or so. Still can't believe I squeezed into that dress! And, damn, my eyes look so sad in that pic, I look downright depressed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!