Agave Nectar debate rolls on...

Options
I just recently heard of Agave Nectar and so I've been reading up on it and thought this was an interesting article and thought I would share. :flowerforyou:

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=is_agave_really_the_healthier_option

Replies

• SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have tried this on my porridge etc but not sure...

I always say that natural is best but...

REMEMBER
    sugar is the only food our bodies dont need, we make our own! (unless you have medical reasons of course!)
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    hmmmm I've never really heard too much about this..but I don't use sweeteners hardly ever..or even sugar for that matter. Was interesting though...tks for sharing!!
  • weebles
    weebles Posts: 50
    Options
    Good article! Thanks for sharing!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    I use agave nectar once in awhile. I like that it doesnt spike my sugar
  • futureonfire
    futureonfire Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Agave Nector - I use it in my tea and even on my kashi waffles with a little bit a cinnamon - you only need very little of it to make an impact.

Th less sugar the better, but when you really NEED something sweet, it's a great alternative.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Normally I really like Sparks articles but this one left me baffled and confused. Am I crazy or did the article sound like high fructose corn syrup would be better! YIkes!!! HFCS should be on the band toxic list!!!

I normally only use a very little stevia or occaionally pure maple syrup. I am not an agave user but this article seemed a bit extreme to me.

DD