Big bums

Options
Hey guys iv got a biggish bum with potential haha can anyone do me a workout plan so I can have a perfect bum when I go to Miami in September (from uk). I know I won't get one by then but I want it so you can notice :) xxx thanks xxx. (No nasty comments)

Replies

• raj83168
    Options
    I got 3 words for you my friend: low intensity cardio.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Well, to tone and shape your bum you can do squats and lunges. Those help a lot. :D
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I seriously hope you're kidding.

To OP:
    Squats and Lunges are going to be your best bet.. Bodyweight ones or heavy weighted ones.
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    I did no squats and very very little lunges... by losing weight and walking a lot i got the great results! Other than walking it was cardio using a wii game
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Am I better using weights or how far to squat ect? Xxx
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Squat, you want to go at least parallel.. lower if you can.

You can do bodyweight to help you get used to the movement, and then add weights. I do barbell squats with a 45 pound iron bar on my back.. and I def. feel those!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

You can do bodyweight to help you get used to the movement, and then add weights. I do barbell squats with a 45 pound iron bar on my back.. and I def. feel those!

this! :smile: I got a big bum too & am working hard to tone it up!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    squats
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

Thanks darling you have helped alot how many reps should I do ect? How long did it take you x
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Lose body fat, squats, lunges, deadlifts and hill sprints.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've understood that we shouldn't go any lower than parallel, as it can be hard on the knee joints. Believe me, parallel will be hard enough anyway, esp. if you add weight.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    This is my playlist for butt workouts. My butt has lifted a bit doing them.

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Lol

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've understood that we shouldn't go any lower than parallel, as it can be hard on the knee joints. Believe me, parallel will be hard enough anyway, esp. if you add weight.

Nope.

The most stress on the knee happens if you stop AT parallel.
  • TiaraP11
    Options
    Well, to tone and shape your bum you can do squats and lunges. Those help a lot. :D

I Agree!! Squats and Lunges are working wonders for me, 3-4 weeks I've been doing them 2 times a week (Do them more often if needed) and already people (family) are starting to notice a difference! I suggest you use weights to place on the top of your thighs while doing squats to make the workout more intense, and while doing lunges make sure your knee isn't going over your ankle and your back leg is low to the ground. Try to hold each lunge for 3-4 seconds.

Squats - Usually I do 2 sets of 25. - it is very important that you perform these the correct way. If it hurts your back or knees chances are you are doing it wrong. Make sure your back is straightened and your butt is poked way out. "When in doubt, booty out!"

Lunges - 2 and a half minutes by 4s. (1,2,3,4 - turn around 1,2,3,4 etc.)

Good luck!
  • TiaraP11
    Options

Squat as if your are about to sit down in a chair. your knees and butt should be parallel
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Do weighted glute bridges and single leg hip extension in addition to the already mentioned exercises...and goblet squats. You can see how to do glute bridges and hip extensions here:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/ sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth

P.S. You'll get better results in the long run if you eventually do a slight calorie surplus to increase muscle volume in the glutes.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    PPs pretty much have it covered...

But just to reiterate...

Squats, plie squats, deadlift, stiff-leg deadlift, lunges <-- all weighted (start with the bar and work your way up), weighted bridge, reverse plank...

You can pretty much google any of the above to perfect form (which is oh so important).

There's a website (blogsite) that I LOOOOVE with a booty workout- google "fit chicks booty builder"- a great, and fairly quick butt building workout HIIT style.

Get it girl!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Apparently the stairlift walker thingy at the gym does wonders
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY weighted squats and lunges. Nothing better! :)

PS my behind is huge, even when I was at a size 8, so I know where you are coming from here.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

I Agree!! Squats and Lunges are working wonders for me, 3-4 weeks I've been doing them 2 times a week (Do them more often if needed) and already people (family) are starting to notice a difference! I suggest you use weights to place on the top of your thighs while doing squats to make the workout more intense, and while doing lunges make sure your knee isn't going over your ankle and your back leg is low to the ground. Try to hold each lunge for 3-4 seconds.

Squats - Usually I do 2 sets of 25. - it is very important that you perform these the correct way. If it hurts your back or knees chances are you are doing it wrong. Make sure your back is straightened and your butt is poked way out. "When in doubt, booty out!"

Lunges - 2 and a half minutes by 4s. (1,2,3,4 - turn around 1,2,3,4 etc.)

Good luck!
    I just got a job in a warehouse lifting stuff and squatting for 40-50 hours a week. My butt has changed soo much in the past 4 months from doing this. Granted this avenue isn't the best for everyone, I just like that I'm getting fit while on the job. :D