Tailbone pain during deadlifts

I did my first "real" deadlift yesterday with 90 lbs. I didn't have anyone to watch my form, but I had mirrors around me and was absolutely certain my back was flat during the entire exercise. As I was lifting the weight, though, I had a sharp pain in my tailbone. It wasn't unbearable, but was very similar to what it felt like when I broke my tailbone after being thrown from a horse.

My lower back is sore today. I think it's either due to me having a weak back after breaking it or just having bad form. I'll definitely lighten my weight next time and try to find someone to watch me. I'll also likely be going to a doctor since my back has always been an issue.

Does anyone know what the tailbone pain is from? I've looked up a few articles online that said I should look into piriformis and psoas stretches, but it doesn't sound like what I have when I look into it...

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Anyone?
  • Do you have any personal trainers etc in your gym you could ask to check your teccers? Its real important to deadlift correctly.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Sound like unresolved issues with the old injury. Not a dealbreaker but I'd see a sports physician if I could.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 985 Member
    it probly has something to do with the previous injury...but i get tailbone pain too. i think i have an elongated tailbone. it seems freakishly long to me, my husband agrees. i used to get alot of pain when i was cycling or running every day. cutting back on that work has helped a ton! ive also read that ur tail bone can be fused and that will casue pain also. if youve had a fall recently and its chipped, ur gonna be hurtin for a good long while. hope you find some answers! i know how much it can hurt! gugh!