Where To Go For Xmas? Suggestions Please!

Its autumn in London. Brrr!

And I'm thinking Xmas will be here soon, so I need your help to pick a great location to spend the holiday season.

Has anyone got a Xmas holiday suggestion? Whether near or far, whether at home or abroad, whether with friends or alone, I just need to get away and can't wait until the 18th Dec.

All suggestions welcome.

Sam :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Suggestions from my friends list:

@Elle408 Way out there, but I spent a lovely Christmas in Thailand.. glorious hot beaches.

@anrev42 Tropical is good. We once spend Christmas in Bora Bora just to escape cold weather. Very nice and beautiful island.

@laura_lynn66 somewhere tropical...I agree

Anymore, anymore...... :smile:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Rome would be a BLAST during the holidays! Great wine. Great food. Great party town.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Best Christmas I can recall recently was spent on the small caribbean island of Dominica - highly recommended. We'd do it again if we could afford the air fare from France!
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    I've heard Christmas cruises are pretty fun.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Love AZ
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Find anywhere in the world cheap by using the website www.vrbo.com
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    St Lucia is a favorite - climb the Gros Piton
  • Thank you all, there's some great suggestions. I guess I'll be researching the rest of the evening. :laugh:
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    come to where i live.. it's only going to be -40 at that specific time..
  • kaneaap
    kaneaap Posts: 13 Member
    We're going to Hawaii this year . . . have never been during wintertime & haven't been there since I was a kid. If you want to go for "traditional" Christmas, you have to go to Germany. Weather may be a bit cold, but the gluhwein makes up for it!
  • come to where i live.. it's only going to be -40 at that specific time..

And where might that be? Sorry but your speaking to an English man across the pond, Fort Mcmurray, AB means nothing to me. Tell me more 40 at Xmas sounds great....
  • AimersBee

And where might that be? Sorry but your speaking to an English man across the pond, Fort Mcmurray, AB means nothing to me. Tell me more 40 at Xmas sounds great....

you got the "minus" part right.. -40.. FREAKIN COLD! lol

fort mcmurray, ab... im sure you'd find some interesting things if you googled it.. i moved here for work.. $$$
    AB = Alberta Canada

fort mcmurray, ab... im sure you'd find some interesting things if you googled it.. i moved here for work.. $$$
    AB = Alberta Canada

Hmm truth be told you got me there as I was thinking 40+ however Canada is do-able but maybe in the summer. :glasses: Google says Alberta is a province of Canada. with a population of 3.6 million in 2011, London in contrast has 8.1 million so it's safe to say I like big cities. Where in particular would you recommend?
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Last year we did a Christmas Cruise. Left from Puerto Rico and hit a bunch of the Southern Caribbean. It was sunny and hot and lovely and wonderful. The ship was all decorated out and Santa even landed on deck and paid a visit. It was all so nice and was great coming home with a sunburn. Wish we could do it again this year.

If not a cruise then I recommend Barbados. Lovely island, fabulous beaches and where I got my first burn of the Christmas holidays.

Don't get suckered into The Bahamas. They are nice but will be as warm/cold as Florida is so might not be that warm!
  • Last year we did a Christmas Cruise. Left from Puerto Rico and hit a bunch of the Southern Caribbean. It was sunny and hot and lovely and wonderful. The ship was all decorated out and Santa even landed on deck and paid a visit. It was all so nice and was great coming home with a sunburn. Wish we could do it again this year.

If not a cruise then I recommend Barbados. Lovely island, fabulous beaches and where I got my first burn of the Christmas holidays.

Don't get suckered into The Bahamas. They are nice but will be as warm/cold as Florida is so might not be that warm!

Thanks for the advice, I don't think I'm a cruise type of guy (not yet anyway) but Barbados sounds like fun. :o)
  • We're going to Hawaii this year . . . have never been during wintertime & haven't been there since I was a kid. If you want to go for "traditional" Christmas, you have to go to Germany. Weather may be a bit cold, but the gluhwein makes up for it!

Ooooh Hawaii hmmm Sam ponders to himself - Germany is a maybe, I've lived there for a year so know how cold the winters can be. There's some great suggestions coming through tho. Thank you.
  • St Lucia is a favorite - climb the Gros Piton

Nice one - boy have I got some investigating to do now!
  • AimersBee

AB = Alberta Canada

Hmm truth be told you got me there as I was thinking 40+ however Canada is do-able but maybe in the summer. :glasses: Google says Alberta is a province of Canada. with a population of 3.6 million in 2011, London in contrast has 8.1 million so it's safe to say I like big cities. Where in particular would you recommend?

If you're going to visit Canada, visit my hometown Vancouver, British Columbia! Great time to go is beginning of August! Or you can go in the winter as well, over to Whistler, British Columbia, which is where the 2010 Winter Olympics were partially held.

:)

AB = Alberta Canada

If you're going to visit Canada, visit my hometown Vancouver, British Columbia! Great time to go is beginning of August! Or you can go in the winter as well, over to Whistler, British Columbia, which is where the 2010 Winter Olympics were partially held.

:)

Thanks for the tip, can you believe I've been so engrossed in work and my property development project that I haven't got around to sorting this yet. Tomorrow should give me a few hours spare so I'll research suggestions so far as time to book was like yesterday :laugh: Thanks again, it's appreciated.