Just over a year on MFP

Options
Fitfaery
Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
Hi,

I joined MFP last October and since I have logged in everyday, but not stuck to my calories everyday. I have Yoyo'd.

I found a piece of paper today from 13th October 2011. It said:

Weight - 168.75 lbs
Over Boobs - 43 inches
Under Boobs - 36 inches
Belly (the rounded lady bit below the bellybutton) - 39 inches
Bellybutton - 36 inches
Hips - 42 inches
Arm - 12 inches
Thigh - 24.75 inches

(There are 2,5 cm in an inch)

Today the measurements are:

Weight - 154.8 lbs
Over Boobs - 40.25 inches
Under Boobs - 33 inches
Belly (the rounded lady bit below the bellybutton) - 37 inches
Bellybutton - 34 inches
Hips - 40.5 inches
Arm - 11 inches
Thigh - 23.2 inches

Since I joined I have run two Royal Parks Half Marathons, a 7 mile race (Treggy 7), a 5k(Race for Life) and the Totnes 10k.
I have signed up for my first Marathon in May 2013, but before then I have two 10 k races, a 5k, a 10 miler and a half marathon.

With Zumba, Bokwa, Strength Training and running I hope to next the next 14 lbs off quicker and get to my goal weight.

I feel like I'm getting somewhere...however slowly I have started :)

Thank goodness for MFP!

Replies

• feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Those are some great results, and I'm super impressed at how many events you've competed in! MFP changes lives, doesn't it?

I know it might not seem like much, or seem like a slow loss compared to others, but you're closer to your ideal weight so it takes a little more work. And the yo-yoing, of course. I've done it. I realized recently that I lost more than 40lbs in the last year, but 20 of them I lost twice so it's not much of an accomplishment! Grrr.

Keep going! You look great, and I'm sure you feel even better. :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i too just past 1 year on mfp. I didn't have a ton to lose but it was hard to lose it. I also yo yo'd. I lost 20 lbs goal was 25, still as of today have 4 lbs to go. I lost inches too and once i looked at my measurements i sure felt better since this journey was so long.

chest was 36 now 33.5
    waist was 29 now 26
    lower belly button was 36 now 31
    hips were 40 now 36.5
    thighs were 24 now 21
    weight was 142 now 121 was a solid size 9/10 sometimes a 11 ( bought most of my clothes at walmart or juniors section at gordmans) now i wear a size 3 in the juniors.
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks guys x We're still here and we're still kicking butt! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!